12-25-2013, 12:21 AM
Why is living by Quran alone wrong?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zafran
12-25-2013, 01:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gfa
How can you live by the Quran alone?

where did the quran come from and how do you know that?

You need context and history as well.

Psyd
12-25-2013, 08:33 AM
Personally i dont see anything wrong with Quran only muslims. Nothing has been left out of the Quran. All practises are mentioned and the book is detailed and easy to understand. Some people just underestimate God's book.

Gfa
12-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Sorry guys just a heads up, I'm searching more so for evidence then for opinions. Preferably evidence from Quran. Thank you :-)

Just to get the ball rolling: 77:50
Then in what statement after it [the Quran] will they believe?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
12-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Thanks for the heads up, but can you get from the Qur'an how to pray? What to recite when you pray, how many rakaah are there in each of the different prayers? what is to be read at each 'position' and how to end the prayer?

Peace :shade:

Gfa
12-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Sure I could. Infact I already have. But it wouldn't mean the same coming from me, I suggest that if this is the only thing separating you from no longer doubting Quran alone, then you should most definitely consider researching into the subject yourself.

Alpha Dude
12-25-2013, 10:29 AM
Apparently 1400 years of consensus of the Islamic ummah's best and brightest is all wrong and you're right. Someone should give you a gold sticker for being so smart.

Gfa
12-25-2013, 10:41 AM
I'll just repeat myself for those who haven't paid attention to what I've written: I ask for evidence from the Quran alpha Dude, not for opinions. But thanks for sharing anyway :-)

Insaanah
12-25-2013, 10:55 AM
I ask for evidence from the Quran
There is ample evidence, alhamdulillah, as has already been discussed on this forum with hadeeth rejectors many times. There are a few threads on this, so instead of re-inventing the wheel, here's one of them: http://www.islamicboard.com/quran/13...ml#post1566669

muslimah bird
12-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Because Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) told in his last sermon that you need to follow sunnah as well so that you dont go astray"O People, no prophet or apostle will come after me, and no new faith will be born. Reason well, therefore, O people, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and my example, the Sunnah, and if you follow these you will never go astray."

Muslim Woman
12-26-2013, 01:31 PM
:sl:

Sure I could. Infact I already have.

sis , in which chapter u got info how many rakats u must offer in daily salat ?

greenhill
12-28-2013, 04:33 AM
I suggest that if this is the only thing separating you from no longer doubting Quran alone, then you should most definitely consider researching into the subject yourself.
Sorry I do not understand what you are implying here, that I doubt the Qur'an alone or that I do not doubt the Qur'an alone (meaning that I refer only to Qur'an and not hadith).

Simply put, in our shahada, we say 'There is no God but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger' (in short). What is the purpose of saying Muhammad is His messenger if we opt not to follow his example via the sunnah?

I am a bit confused with where you are going with this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!