/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Exporting mother to care home abroad

Insaanah
01-06-2014, 10:50 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25438325

I found this very sad. It is about people buying their elderly parents a one way ticket to a care home abroad, thousands of miles away in a different country.

This is what the carer in Thailand of the lady featured in the story, whose daughter had sent her there, said: "I think we don't need to come here. If we have to come, then I think we have a problem with a daughter," says La.

"If you have a daughter then you don't have to come here because your daughter can take care of you at home, we can take care together, living together."

This says volumes about the lady's daughter, I feel.

The daughter says: "Most of the time I looked after her every day," she says.

"But if you're so close to somebody... she got very aggressive. That made the situation very very difficult, very bad.""

It as as though looking after your parents daily is a burden. If they get aggressive, they must be got rid of. Did our parents look after us some days, but not others? Did they kick us out when we got rude, aggressive and threw tantrums in our early years?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
01-06-2014, 12:22 PM
That is very sad; here it seems that it is worst...kids move out, see their parents sparingly and then it's -throw parents into nursing home- wave goodbye- "see you at the funeral".....

I know of a man who passes by his disabled elderly parents house everyday on his way to and from work....NEVER stops by..However, he and his wife did everything they could for her parents.....

Muhaba
01-06-2014, 02:28 PM
It is indeed terrible!!!

What did Allah tell us in the Quran? That when your parents get aged, that you should accompany them and not say a single "uff" to them. This is stated at several places in the Quran and is an order from Allah. When our parents grow old we must accompany them and care for them and not let them feel even slightly bad. Yes, it's possible that one's parent gets angry fast but it may very well be due to their old age. Sometimes it may be that they aren't understanding something and they may argue with you, and you may find yourself getting angry but remind yourself that their old age may have affected their ability to quickly grasp the matter. Their mind may not work as well. We owe so much to our parents. Our whole existence is their reason. If they hadn't done what they did for us when we were growing, we wouldn't be here. Parents sacrifice their selves for their children's sake. Surely they deserve more gratitude. In the Quran, Allah speaks about parents' with His own right of worship. (See Surah Luqman.) That shows how important parents' rights are. It is a very selfish person who forsakes parents' rights for their own selfish desires!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!