/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The story of creating humankind

muslimah,
01-17-2014, 04:33 AM
The story of creating humankind

The story of creating humankind as narrated in the Holy Quran, the verses are in black, and my comments are in red

2: 30. And (remember) when your Lord said to the angels: "Verily, I am going to place (mankind) generations after generations on earth."
This took place before Adam was created, therefore God planed for him to live here on earth and not in heavens
we do not see this in the Bible

51:56. And I (Allah) created not the jinns and humans except they should worship Me (Alone).
Here the Almighty God tells us the purpose of our being here

2:50. And (remember) when We said to the angels; "Prostrate to Adam." So they prostrated except Iblîs (Satan). He was one of the jinns; he disobeyed the Command of his Lord. Will you then take him (Iblîs) and his offspring as protectors and helpers rather than Me while they are enemies to you? What an evil is the exchange for the Zâlimûn (polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc).
Satan is not an angel, he happened to be with them.

7:12. (Allâh) said: "What prevented you (O Iblîs) that you did not prostrate, when I commanded you?" Iblîs said: "I am better than him (Adam), You created me from fire, and him You created from clay."
A dumb answer what made him think fire is better than clay?

38:77. (Allâh) said: "Then get out from here, for verily, you are outcast. 78. "And verily!, My Curse is on you till the Day of Recompense."
He was dismissed from heaven because he disobeyed the Almighty Allah.
20:117. Then We said: "O Adam! Verily, this is an enemy to you and to your wife. So let him not get you both out of Paradise, so that you be distressed in misery. 118. Verily, you have (a promise from Us) that you will never be hungry therein nor naked. 119. And you (will) suffer not from thirst therein nor from the sun's heat.
Allah warns Adam and Eve against Satan's mischief, which we do not see in the Bible

7: 82. [Iblîs (Satan)] said: "By Your Might, then I will surely mislead them all, 83. "Except Your chosen slaves amongst them (faithful, obedient, true believers of Islâmic Monotheism)."
Satan wants to take revenge from Adam and Eve

7: 18. (Allâh) said (to Iblîs) "Get out from this (Paradise) disgraced and expelled. Whoever of them (mankind) will follow you, then surely I will fill Hell with you all."
Allah says that whoever obeys Satan and disobeys Allah will go to Hellfire
19. "And O Adam! Dwell you and your wife in Paradise, and eat thereof as you both wish, but approach not this tree otherwise you both will be of the Zâlimûn (unjust and wrong*doers)."
Here comes the main lesson for Adam and Eve and for their descendants; it is being asked to do and not to do somethings تكليف)

7.20. Then Shaitân (Satan) whispered suggestions to them both in order to uncover that which was hidden from them of their private parts (before); he said: "Your Lord did not forbid you this tree save you should become angels or become of the immortals." 21. And he [Shaitân (Satan)] swore by Allâh to them both (saying): "Verily, I am one of the sincere well*wishers for you both."
Satan wants to deprive them from heaven because he thinks they caused him to be dismissed from it

20:120. Then Shaitân (Satan) whispered to him, saying: "O Adam! Shall I lead you to the Tree of Eternity and to a kingdom that will never waste away?"
Then they both ate of the tree, and so their private parts became manifest to them, and they began to cover themselves with the leaves of the Paradise for their covering. Thus did Adam disobey his Lord, so he went astray”
He lied and they believed him and ate from the forbidden tree

7:23. They said: "Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers."
Then Adam received from his Lord Words. And his Lord pardoned him (accepted his repentance). Verily, He is the One Who forgives (accepts repentance), the Most Merciful”
They realized Satan cheated them, they felt remorse and repented
Allah accepted there repentance

20:123. (Allâh) said:"Get you down (from the Paradise to the earth), both of you, together, some of you are an enemy to some others. Then if there comes to you guidance from Me, then whoever follows My Guidance shall neither go astray, nor fall into distress and misery.
They were sent to earth as was preplanned by Allah

In summary:
Our 1st parents were not sent to earth as a punishment. Allah does from the beginning .not punish who repents, we were meant to live here on earth
The story of our 1st parents is a practical lesson for all of us
It says:
If you obey your creator you will go to heavens
If you obey Satan you will burn in Hellfire
We have the will and the choice between going back to heavens or burning in Hellfire

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
07-23-2014, 05:09 AM
...and seeing as we are prone to error, we should always remain humble and seek forgiveness if we have done wrong, and not be haughty and part that we will be 'rightly guided'.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!