/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pdf problems

جوري
01-17-2014, 10:07 PM
:sl:

I am trying to amend a PDF document I have to make it more current but it is difficult and if I find a way it messes the configuration in such a way I can't explain, the font is all crazy or our of margins, Do you guys have a program that can fix this problem for me fonts and all and I don't want to pay a fortune please

:jz:

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Alpha Dude
01-17-2014, 10:34 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Maybe try converting the PDF into Word (or whichever program you are using) through one of those free online converters. Here is the first one I found. Hope that works in sha Allah. If not, Google for something like 'PDF to doc online free' and that should give you a few sites to choose from.

Once you've modified the word document you can then save that as PDF.

جوري
01-17-2014, 10:38 PM
those unfortunately give you limited conversions you've to pay otherwise it looks sloppy and and funny as I described different font out of margins :(
:jz: akhi

Alpha Dude
01-17-2014, 10:56 PM
Hmm yeah, I've experienced some files that didn't convert so good but worked okay for others.

Maybe give a couple of the different sites a go (if you haven't already) as they may give different results. I'm not sure if there is any other option aside from this (and aside from buying Adobe's editing software), to be honest.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
جوري
01-17-2014, 10:58 PM
yeah is there some place I can download for free? Br. ABZ was brilliant at those things and Salahudin too :D

Alpha Dude
01-17-2014, 11:01 PM
You know the online converter I linked in my first post, did you give that a try? I just uploaded a 3 page document and it converted it perfectly, retaining all formatting.

Give it a ago sister (make sure you click the link to keep your document private), it might work out. It seems completely free.

جوري
01-17-2014, 11:02 PM
I am giving it a goooooooooooo I'll let you know how it works in shaa Allah

جوري
01-17-2014, 11:09 PM
I want the world to know br. Alpha is totally awesome, his pic has to go next to alpha IN THE DICTIONARY-and now we know why he's the Alpha dude :D

:jz:

جوري
01-17-2014, 11:16 PM
converted by you know the problem it still hilights the text I want amended in blue but doesn't delete it same as if it were PDF it is strange :(
says selection is locked and can't be modified :(
I had it professioally done is why

Alpha Dude
01-17-2014, 11:33 PM
I think if it converted to Word document okay it should allow you to edit without any restrictions. I just googled for error messages similar to what you described and some of the results are saying it could be due to Microsoft Office not being activated. Can you confirm (one way to test is whether you are able to create new documents, edit other ones)?

جوري
01-17-2014, 11:50 PM
I googled the same and unticked the box under advanced in properties, I am speaking with my brother about it now I didn't want to bother him on the account he's also with the flu like me but it must be done :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!