/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is 2 rakats too much?

Fainoz
01-27-2014, 12:43 AM
What is wrong with us as people? We can work for hours exercise for hours study for hours, but why is it so hard to take ten mins for Allah? We give hours of our time to our boss who we dislike, because of the little money we receive yet Allah has given us everything and promises us better, but we refuse to give 10 mins. We wake up early to go to school but not Fajr, we can go the gym and sweat it up on the treadmill, but asr is too heavy of a burden. La hawla wa la quwata ila bilLah, if any one does not believe in the devil exists, that should be enough proof, because Wallahi if that ten minutes was for anything other Allah, would it be that much of a burden?

Another thing is parents who are concerned when their kids wake up late and miss class but aren't concerned that that same child misses fajr every morning.

please forgive me people if I came off as being rude or arrogant but I just feel very sad for myself and those around me, and wanted to pour out my heart.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
01-27-2014, 03:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nevermind
if any one does not believe in the devil exists, that should be enough proof, because Wallahi if that ten minutes was for anything other Allah, would it be that much of a burden?
;D ;D

You are absolutely right!

:peace:

mr moon
01-27-2014, 04:26 PM
I guess its about peoples perception and the value of rightous deeds. If we fully understood the gravity of missing fajr, we would naturally pressure ourselves to get up and carry out the fardh. Thats where the companions were so unique and examplary in their devotion to carry out the commands of Allah. They would drop everything on hearing the adhaan. Subhanallah.

Reminds me of a companion who was once burgled whilst he was engrossed in salaa but he didnt break his prayer. When asked why he replied ' why should i give up something more valuable fore some thing worldly and inferioir.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!