/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Error message

glo
02-02-2014, 11:42 AM
Every time I post a post I get this Error message: "The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 20 seconds."

Does anybody else get these?

Yesterday I assumed it meant that my post hadn't been sent ... so I waited 20 seconds and tried again.

I have since realised that as a result I send a number of double posts.
Is there is glitch in the system or is this a problem with my server?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-02-2014, 01:34 PM
The forum was under maintenance yesterday. . . perhaps that's why?

:peace:

Muhammad
02-02-2014, 02:25 PM
Hello glo,

Thanks for making this thread. The forum was being upgraded yesterday but I believe the process hasn't been completed yet. We have noticed some errors are appearing such as when making or editing posts. While the work is in progress, everyone can report any errors encountered here.

If anyone is unable to access the forum and create a new post, then send an email to staff [at] islamicboard dot com

Thank you for your patience.

glo
02-02-2014, 02:51 PM
Thanks for your reply, Muhammad.
And apologies to the mods and admin who are having to delete multiple posts! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
02-02-2014, 03:01 PM
:salam:

I'm unable to edit posts.

:jz:

ardianto
02-02-2014, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~Zaria~

I will make a test.

This post will be edited in next 10 minutes. I will show the result to admin.

EDIT: This post has been edited successfully. :)

ardianto
02-02-2014, 03:45 PM

:wa:

Try again, sis. :)

sister herb
02-02-2014, 03:58 PM
I was unable to view post of ignored member (link as view the post didnĀ“t work).

(I resolved it as unignore that member for a moment, then ignored again.)

Signor
02-02-2014, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I will make a test.

EDIT: This post has been edited successfully.
I told ya all before,Ardianto is really smart!:hiding:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1587960

Muhammad
02-02-2014, 06:16 PM
:wasalamex

For editing posts, the Save button might not appear to work, but when you refresh the screen you may find the changes have been made. Try this :ia:.

~Zaria~
02-02-2014, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
I will make a test.

EDIT: This post has been edited successfully. :)

:jz: for that live demonstration brother Ardianto :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad

For editing posts, the Save button might not appear to work, but when you refresh the screen you may find the changes have been made. Try this :ia:.

I think there's problem with certain posts/ threads only.
E.g I seem to be able to edit my posts on this thread, but the text-box appears blank when I attempt to do so in others, e.g:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ml#post1606443 ---- not able to edit the typo in second line.

In shaa Allah, its just an isolated error.

:jz: for the assistance.

greenhill
02-05-2014, 03:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Every time I post a post I get this Error message: "The following errors occurred with your submission
This forum requires that you wait 20 seconds between posts. Please try again in 20 seconds."
I'm getting it now.:grumbling

I usually write kind of off the cuff and often forget what I posted (and can surprise myself when I read it again at a later date, or cringe) ;D

Anyway, when I got that message about reposting in 20 seconds, and where there was heavily thought out text across the page, now there is none! Just a blank box of a reply section. ????? What happened? What did I write? :'(

Anyway, tried again alhamdulillah I think I remembered, and posted it. Then it disappeared. :muddlehea

Hmmmmm ...... It must have gone to the mods for vetting. I remember Glo saying that her reposting ended up in duplicates. But mine was a re write. Btw I posted in the 'learn about islam' section under Aqeedah - Tauheed/Shirk (in case the mods might want to tell me that it is in their possesion)
:D

I realise now that some threads has a 'vetting' process. I always forget which has which hasn't. Perhaps a notice is put when we enter the thread to tell us that? I used to at least get a 'notification' to tell me that it has gone to the mods.

So, I guess there will be these technical glitches still.

I can edit

AabiruSabeel
02-05-2014, 04:02 PM
:sl:

^ You have two posts awaiting moderation in that same thread, one posted 47 minutes ago and the other 36 minute ago. Both the posts are exactly the same.

greenhill
02-05-2014, 04:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibṉĀdam
^ You have two posts awaiting moderation in that same thread, one posted 47 minutes ago and the other 36 minute ago. Both the posts are exactly the same.
Jazakallah khair.:awesome:

Signor
02-05-2014, 06:39 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Whenever I try to edit my post,field goes blank without any reason(results in unedited post). Please take a look at this error.

EDIT:This post can be easily edited but its not working in General Section.

Regards

Muhammad
02-06-2014, 01:29 AM

Yes, the edit problem seems to happen to certain posts but not others. :ia: all these issues will disappear soon.

In the mean time, be extra careful when writing longer posts in case anything gets lost when submitting it. You can copy and paste into Notepad/Word to be on the safe side. Jazakumullahu khayran for everyone's patience.

greenhill
02-06-2014, 03:25 AM
In the mean time, be extra careful when writing longer posts in case anything gets lost when submitting it. You can copy and paste into Notepad/Word to be on the safe side. Jazakumullahu khayran for everyone's patience.
Yup, learnt my lesson! :D

Thanks.

glo
02-06-2014, 08:35 AM
The times I have done that! :raging:;D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!