/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of converting

Sophie_1
02-03-2014, 01:50 PM
Hi everyone

I'm seriously thinking of converting to islam I've been doing some research for a while and taking little tests online to see how far I'm progressing, I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out maybe by talking to me on a one to one level to help me understand more by actually talking to someone who is already a Muslim etc

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Glad you came.

What is it that you have found appealing about islam so far? Shall we start there?

:peace:

Nur Student
02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
Salaam aleykum Sister,

:welcome:

It is great to hear that. Congratulations! May Allah help you with your decision and make everything easy for you. We will be more than happy to assist you about anything. Maybe some sisters in the forum will be eager to communicate with you personally.

You can also have a look at these useful links:

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-muslims/

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover-islam/

glo
02-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the forum. :welcome:
I can't help you in your quest, but I am interested to find out about the online tests you mentioned. Do you have a link?

Wishing you all the best on your spiritual journey.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Nájlá
02-03-2014, 10:06 PM
:welcome: dear, I hope you benefit from this forum.

There are many knowledgeable muslims here who would be more than willing to help you out with anything you need answers for.

Check out the sections posted above or start new threads with any questions you have in mind or if you need help with anything.

May Allah make your journey to him easy and guide us all. Aameen.

crimsontide06
02-03-2014, 11:39 PM
welcome!

YusufNoor
02-04-2014, 09:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sophie_1
Hi everyone

I'm seriously thinking of converting to islam I've been doing some research for a while and taking little tests online to see how far I'm progressing, I was just wondering if anyone would be kind enough to help me out maybe by talking to me on a one to one level to help me understand more by actually talking to someone who is already a Muslim etc
:sl:

Hi Sophie,

i'm not sure what you mean by taking tests. the first thing to understand is Tawhid, the Oneness of Allah. we worship only Allah and only pray to Allah. If you understand the 5 pillars of Islam and the 6 pillars of Iman, that is all that you need to know.there are no "tests" that you need to pass, if you understand, then you are ready. Bilal Philips has a great set of lectures here. it's 21 parts:

where do you live? perhaps someone could point you towards the closest mosque.

THE 5 PILLARS OF ISLAM

According to the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم),Islam is based on the following five pillars:

1. To testify that there is no true God but Allah and that Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) is His last Messenger and the seal (last) of prophets.
2. To perform prayers (5 times a day)
3. To pay zakat (Charity-poor due once a year).
4. To fast during the month of Ramadhan.
5. To perform hajj (Pilgrimage - Once in a lifetime, if one
capable).
THE FUNDAMENTAL ARTICLES OF IMAN (FAITH)

To believe in:
1. Allah
2. His Angels
3. His revealed Books
4. His Messengers
5. The Day of Resurrection
6. Al-Qadr; Whatever Allah has ordained must come to pass (In other words, fate and destiny).
May Allah make it easy on you!

ma salaama

Eric H
02-05-2014, 08:38 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Sophie_1; welcome to the forum,

Allah chooses whom he wills, at some point you will feel the need to respond; and do something.

Blessings

Eric

sugaray21
02-09-2014, 10:00 PM
Hi sophie!
I really think I can help you im not sure of your background but I was an atheist before I became muslim so i understand both perspe tives.i would really like to help you in any way I can.im not allowed to post my email address so not sure how this would work as id prefer to chat through email really...it isnt right when there are brothers able to read these posts as there are 'girl stuff' topics I could help you with too but needs to be in private.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!