/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LI Writing Contest 2014: Discussion Thread

~Zaria~
02-08-2014, 07:12 PM
:salam:

Its time to vote for your favourite story, brothers and sisters! :)

--> http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...4-entries.html <--

Please share your comments and constructive feedback here - I am sure that our entrants would really appreciate it!

Shukran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-09-2014, 01:04 PM
How long we can vote?

Innocent Soul
02-09-2014, 02:38 PM
Alhamdulillah all the writers have done a great job. But I didn't expect that we would have just 3 entries. :( I was waiting for the stories so I had to read them as soon as possible and this time the stories were not too many.

Voice from within : The story was short but meaningful. The descriptions in the beginning were really good and created a good imrwssion. I liked the story.

Is life a struggle : It was a sort of ordinary story. Descriptions weren't adequate.

Trail of Snowden : The twists were really good. It created a good suspence and the end was unexpected.

I liked the first story too but the 3rd story got my vote. I could easily guess the writers. :p.

:hiding:

~Zaria~
02-09-2014, 02:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
How long we can vote?
:salam:

In keeping with the previous years, and to ensure that as many members get a chance to read and vote for the stories (which Im sure took a lot of time, care and effort) - the deadline for voting is in 2 weeks: 22 Feb 2014.

So dear members, please do read the submissions made by our talented members, and provide them with your thoughts, comments and feedback....and don't forget to vote! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
~Zaria~
02-09-2014, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Innocent Soul
Alhamdulillah all the writers have done a great job. But I didn't expect that we would have just 3 entries. :(
Same here sister Innocent Soul.
Perhaps everyone has been really busy over the end of year vacations and with preparing for the new calender year....
Allahu alim

This contest is meant to be by the members....for the members.
In shaa Allah, we will have more participation at the next writing contest :)

Muhaba
02-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Jazak-Allaho khairan to the talented IB writers. You've worked hard and provided excellent reading material (stories and poems). In time I will comment on the entries and give constructive feedback in-sha-Allah.

Now it's time to read and vote.

syed_z
02-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Re: LI Writing Contest 2014: Discussion Thread

Asalaam O Alaikum...

Thank you for initiating this contest.

Do we have to be the author? Can the author be someone else and we share it over here?

Scimitar
02-15-2014, 03:45 PM

walakum salaam bro Syed :)

The stories have to be your own, no one elses. Unfortunately the competition time is now over and votes are taking place in the other thread.

I've been meaning to enter this comp for a few years now, but haven't done so far...

...maybe one day in sha Allah :)

Scimi

aamirsaab
02-15-2014, 05:15 PM

I've voted but I'll give feedback later, or in private if the authors wish.

Innocent Soul
02-25-2014, 11:45 AM
When will be the results announced? The polls have disappeared. I can't access the entry page. :(

sister herb
02-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Maybe the poll should starts again?

sister herb
02-25-2014, 10:53 PM
Maybe the poll should starts again?

Innocent Soul
02-26-2014, 03:14 PM
I too feel the same. There was no time for voting because of the upgrade. :(

Muhammad
02-26-2014, 05:19 PM
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Apologies for the disruption to the competition. In sha Allah we will make a new poll and everyone will need to re-cast their vote. We will also make a new deadline for the voting In sha Allah. Jazakumullahu khayran for your patience.

sister herb
03-04-2014, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad' timestamp='1393435141
Assalaamu Alaykum,

Apologies for the disruption to the competition. In sha Allah we will make a new poll and everyone will need to re-cast their vote. We will also make a new deadline for the voting In sha Allah. Jazakumullahu khayran for your patience.
How long we need to wait new poll?

Muhammad
03-04-2014, 08:57 PM
As there is still some maintenance work going on, perhaps we should wait until it's finished to avoid losing any posts. In sha Allah it will be done soon and then we can continue with the competition. Apologies for the delay and Jazakumullahu khayran for your continued patience.

AabiruSabeel
03-09-2014, 04:27 AM
:sl:

We have managed to recover the entries from the database on a new thread here: http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/ge...avourite-story

Please vote once again because the previous votes are all lost.

~Zaria~
03-14-2014, 06:42 PM
Assalamu-alaikum, Please continue to cast your votes for your favorite story on the above^ link. In shaa Allah, we will be closing the poll soon....so don't delay, get voting! : )

~Zaria~
10-24-2014, 05:50 PM
:salam: dear brothers and sisters,

Alhamdulillah, 1st Muharram 1436 is upon us in shaa Allah.

As we look forward towards a new year, we also look back at what has passed - what has been accomplished by the will of Allah, and what remains to be.

Our last Writing Contest was held earlier this year, and unfortunately due to technical difficulties, our winners are still to be finalized.

We will be re-opening the polls to enable you to vote for your favorite story.

Please support our writers, who have placed immense time and effort into their work - by reading their entries and participating in the vote here: http://www.islamicboard.com/creative...4-entries.html, and, sharing your constructive feedback in this thread.

Polls close in a month in shaa Allah: 24 November 2014

Looking forward to hearing from everyone in shaa Allah :)

:jz:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!