/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Peace Be Upon You

Idrisa
04-03-2014, 07:53 PM
Greetings. I am a Monotheist. I've got an extensive Library and have been reading all the sacred scriptures including the Quran for the last 30 years. I grew up a Baptist but realized at an early age that there can only be one Ultimate Creator so I stopped arguing with the Pastors and quit going to church and have been praying to the Ultimate Creator in my own sincere way. This is also why I cast off being labelled by anyone. Anyway, despite being an American and Non-Arabic person I'd like to think after decades of comparative study of the Quran I have come to a pretty good understanding of the divine messages it contains. So yes, my sole purpose is discuss the Quran and the Quran only with other people regardless of faith. I will say I have been banned from several other Muslim forums so from this point I will only be posting about the Quran in order to further my knowledge of its contents.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhammad
04-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Greetings Idrisa,

Thank you for sharing that background. With so much study of the Qur'an, I would hope you would have answered its call. The message of the Qur'an is pure and clear, and for a person seeking guidance, they will find it.

I think one of the reasons why people tend to get banned from forums is because their approach to learning is flawed. They might use anti-Islamic sites for their knowledge, so when they bring up the allegations they have read, it comes across as an attack rather than an attempt to learn and understand. So, sources of seeking information as well as the intention behind it are key factors. That is why I must ask: what do you hope to achieve by furthering your knowledge of the Qur'an? Are you hoping to be guided by God, or do you have other aims in mind? What approach/sources have you used in your study?

Idrisa
04-04-2014, 03:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad;n2230871
Greetings Idrisa, Thank you for sharing that background. With so much study of the Qur'an, I would hope you would have answered its call. The message of the Qur'an is pure and clear, and for a person seeking guidance, they will find it. I think one of the reasons why people tend to get banned from forums is because their approach to learning is flawed. They might use anti-Islamic sites for their knowledge, so when they bring up the allegations they have read, it comes across as an attack rather than an attempt to learn and understand. So, sources of seeking information as well as the intention behind it are key factors. That is why I must ask: what do you hope to achieve by furthering your knowledge of the Qur'an? Are you hoping to be guided by God, or do you have other aims in mind? What approach/sources have you used in your study?
My goal is a comparative study with all the other scriptures for a complete and concise understanding of the divine messages of the Ultimate Creator. Furthermore, it's my belief that at some point I may connect everything together in my mind and realize the true meaning of life. As far as sources go I've got many different translations of the Quran. Most have mistranslated words and fabricated additions. I've worked through most of that with this website recently. http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...pter=1&verse=1

Muslim Woman
04-04-2014, 11:48 AM
Hello

welcome here . Pl. browse our forum and ask questions in related threads or start new thread in general section.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
04-04-2014, 01:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idrisa;n2230877
My goal is a comparative study with all the other scriptures for a complete and concise understanding of the divine messages of the Ultimate Creator. Furthermore, it's my belief that at some point I may connect everything together in my mind and realize the true meaning of life. As far as sources go I've got many different translations of the Quran. Most have mistranslated words and fabricated additions. I've worked through most of that with this website recently. http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...pter=1&verse=1
Some more questions:

Do you believe that any of the religious texts you have studied are the uncorrupted Words of God, and if so, which? Are you willing to submit to the Creator's message after you understand it?

Whilst there are mistranslations out there, how do you tell which additions are fabrications? The fact that the word-for-word may not include a meaning does not mean such a meaning is not intended...

Idrisa
04-04-2014, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad;n2230882
Some more questions: Do you believe that any of the religious texts you have studied are the uncorrupted Words of God, and if so, which? Are you willing to submit to the Creator's message after you understand it? Whilst there are mistranslations out there, how do you tell which additions are fabrications? The fact that the word-for-word may not include a meaning does not mean such a meaning is not intended...
Humans will always corrupt the words of the Ultimate Creator. The universal message of do only good remains intact however despite this tampering. Ones personal salvation is to be determined by the Ultimate Creator on Judgement Day and isn't the business of other humans so in other words worry about yourself.

Muhammad
04-04-2014, 04:51 PM
It sounds like you have already made up your mind, which is a shame because it would imply there is little to be gained from a discussion. You said that you want to understand God's messages, yet I am confused why (or how) you are doing this if you have concluded that all the scripures are corrupted. You also said you want to understand the true meaning of life, yet you seem to have already concluded something at odds with what the scripures teach.

Idrisa
04-04-2014, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad;n2230889
It sounds like you have already made up your mind, which is a shame because it would imply there is little to be gained from a discussion. You said that you want to understand God's messages, yet I am confused why (or how) you are doing this if you have concluded that all the scripures are corrupted. You also said you want to understand the true meaning of life, yet you seem to have already concluded something at odds with what the scripures teach.
Not sure what you think I've made my mind up about or what specific conclusions I've drawn about anything since we just started chatting. Do you have a specific point to make?

Muhammad
04-04-2014, 08:48 PM
I am simply trying to understand your aims for coming here to discuss the Qur'an, and whether such discussions are likely to be beneficial.

Idrisa
04-04-2014, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muhammad;n2230893
I am simply trying to understand your aims for coming here to discuss the Qur'an, and whether such discussions are likely to be beneficial.
Any discussions regarding the literal interpretations and exactly precise translation of the Quran can be beneficial to any person. Just for example I will paraphrase here but the Old Testament is quite vague regarding the evil entity in the Garden of Eden and simply refers to it as "The Serpent". The Quran on the other hand is very specific that this entity is Iblis. Then we go to The Apocalypse of Abraham and see the entity is named "Azazel" which according to the Hadith is name Iblis had before he chose to disobey the Ultimate Creator.

Insaanah
04-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Greetings and welcome to the forum.

The core message of the Qur'an is the same message all the messengers were sent with, that mankind should worship the One True God, and obey the messengers he sent.

There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord.
He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort.
He is eternal and does not die.
He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need.
There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe.
He did not and does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him. He is not mixed up in His creation in any way.
He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, nor any intermediaries. And no denying of God's existence either.
There are no sharers, associates, persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense.
The proper name of God in Arabic is Allah.

PROPHETS AND MESSENGERS
Allah has sent a succession of prophets to people throughout the ages, to convey His message to them, and with guidance to show people how He wants them to live and worship Him. Muslims believe in all the prophets God sent, and do not reject or blaspheme any of them, from Adam, to the last and final prophet, Muhammad, peace be on them all. They were the purest and noblest of humanity and were not divine in any way. God sent all the prophets with the same message and not different messages. The message was: to submit wholeheartedly to God and worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. They taught that people should be under no misperception that they can commit themselves to God as their Lord, and then combine this with accepting others as their Lord, or associating others in His Divinity, in whatever way. They taught that we should strive hard to translate our belief in the One True God into practice, by obeying God and the messengers He sent, who were also role models and examples for us, showing us practically how to put the guidance they were sent with into practice in our daily lives, explaining the scriptures, warning against wrong-doing, giving good tidings, and giving additional legislation from God.

So Islam is not a new faith but is the same Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them). Thus Islam is not named after a specific person (like Christianity, Buddhism), nor after a certain race or place (like Judaism, Hinduism), but is named by God Himself, and the meaning loosely translates as 'submission to God', which is what every Prophet and their righteous followers did, from amongst all times, all races and all peoples. That in itself is one fraction of the evidence that it was the way of all the Prophets from the beginning.

With time, the message got forgotten or corrupted. So people started worshipping other gods along with Him, made idols, said that God begot a son, said that certain people were incarnations of God, some rejected belief in God altogether, while others elevated the status of some prophets to divine, or at the other end rejected or blasphemed some of the prophets. Whenever God's message got distorted by people, or forgotten, a new messenger was sent, not with any new or changed message, but reinforcing the actual message that God sent all the messengers with, the actual core beliefs that people were taught from the beginning of humanity, confirming the true parts of previous teachings and scriptures, and correcting wrong beliefs and misconceptions that had crept in. God required that whenever He sent a new messenger, that messenger should be followed along with any new scripture given to him. This chain of messengers culminates in prophet Muhammad (peace on him), who is the last and final prophet and messenger. Since his prophethood, Gods message is available unchanged and unadulterated, for the entire world, until the end of time. He wasn't sent as prophet and messenger for a specific group of people and specific time (e.g. as Moses and Jesus were to the Children of Israel), but he was sent for all the world, for all time, until the Day of Judgement. Thus he is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind, for now, and for all time to come.

THE QUR'AN
The Qur'an is the last and final scripture of God, the exact words revealed by God to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) via the angel Gabriel. It's message is for the entire world, until the world ends. It is because Allah has promised to preserve the Qur'an that there won't be any need for a new Prophet, because the message is, and will remain, intact. Thus it is fully preserved with no word in it coming from any human. It is 100% the word of God, unlike the other scriptures that we have with us today, that have been changed by humans - thus it supersedes the previous scriptures, while being a continuation, confirmation and culmination of the original message contained within them, in its last and final form. The final testament. It has no versions or editions. Millions of people from all over the world have it memorised and they all recite word for word the same thing. It contains practical guidance on how to live our life, how to worship God, stories of previous prophets from which to learn lessons, warnings, rules, comfort, solace, good tidings, and in it God corrects any misconceptions people may have about Him or His prophets. It tells us what has always been expected from humans since the beginning of time; what He told His prophets to teach people since the very beginning. That message never changed. The essence of Islam is what always was, and has always been, the true and natural religion; the way of all the Prophets, the original and only message.

The Qur'an has been translated into nearly every language. These are regarded as translations of the Qur'an, but not as the Qur'an itself, which is in Arabic, and has rhythm and poetic beauty. Any preconceived notion that you might have of a book should be put aside. This book is completely unique in every way; its content, arrangement, style, authorship, preservation, and memorisability, amongst other things. The Prophet's practice and directives, as taught to him by God, (the Sunnah), have also been recorded and preserved, and the Sunnah must be followed along with the Qur'an.

Question is, as someone who says they have a good understanding of the message the Qur'an contains, are you ready to accept that message?

Peace.

Idrisa
04-05-2014, 04:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah;n2230908
Greetings and welcome to the forum. The core message of the Qur'an is the same message all the messengers were sent with, that mankind should worship the One True God, and obey the messengers he sent. There is only One God. He alone should be worshipped. He is our Creator, Sustainer, and Lord. He does not beget, nor is He begotten. He has no sons, daughters, siblings, parents, cousins, or relatives of any sort. He is eternal and does not die. He does not depend on anyone/anything yet we all depend on Him. He is free of all want and need. There is nothing like Him. He is all Hearing, all Seeing, all Knowing, all Powerful, Incomparable, the Creator of the Universe. He did not and does not, become flesh, dwell in human or animal bodies, nor are there any incarnations of Him. He is not mixed up in His creation in any way. He is not composed of persons, nor a trinity. There are no secondary, lesser, greater, equal, or multiple gods, nor any intermediaries. And no denying of God's existence either. There are no sharers, associates, persons or parts whatsoever in His exclusive Divinity. Simply, He is One, in every sense. The proper name of God in Arabic is Allah. PROPHETS AND MESSENGERS Allah has sent a succession of prophets to people throughout the ages, to convey His message to them, and with guidance to show people how He wants them to live and worship Him. Muslims believe in all the prophets God sent, and do not reject or blaspheme any of them, from Adam, to the last and final prophet, Muhammad, peace be on them all. They were the purest and noblest of humanity and were not divine in any way. God sent all the prophets with the same message and not different messages. The message was: to submit wholeheartedly to God and worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. They taught that people should be under no misperception that they can commit themselves to God as their Lord, and then combine this with accepting others as their Lord, or associating others in His Divinity, in whatever way. They taught that we should strive hard to translate our belief in the One True God into practice, by obeying God and the messengers He sent, who were also role models and examples for us, showing us practically how to put the guidance they were sent with into practice in our daily lives, explaining the scriptures, warning against wrong-doing, giving good tidings, and giving additional legislation from God. So Islam is not a new faith but is the same Ultimate Truth that God revealed to all prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be upon them). Thus Islam is not named after a specific person (like Christianity, Buddhism), nor after a certain race or place (like Judaism, Hinduism), but is named by God Himself, and the meaning loosely translates as 'submission to God', which is what every Prophet and their righteous followers did, from amongst all times, all races and all peoples. That in itself is one fraction of the evidence that it was the way of all the Prophets from the beginning. With time, the message got forgotten or corrupted. So people started worshipping other gods along with Him, made idols, said that God begot a son, said that certain people were incarnations of God, some rejected belief in God altogether, while others elevated the status of some prophets to divine, or at the other end rejected or blasphemed some of the prophets. Whenever God's message got distorted by people, or forgotten, a new messenger was sent, not with any new or changed message, but reinforcing the actual message that God sent all the messengers with, the actual core beliefs that people were taught from the beginning of humanity, confirming the true parts of previous teachings and scriptures, and correcting wrong beliefs and misconceptions that had crept in. God required that whenever He sent a new messenger, that messenger should be followed along with any new scripture given to him. This chain of messengers culminates in prophet Muhammad (peace on him), who is the last and final prophet and messenger. Since his prophethood, Gods message is available unchanged and unadulterated, for the entire world, until the end of time. He wasn't sent as prophet and messenger for a specific group of people and specific time (e.g. as Moses and Jesus were to the Children of Israel), but he was sent for all the world, for all time, until the Day of Judgement. Thus he is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind, for now, and for all time to come. THE QUR'AN The Qur'an is the last and final scripture of God, the exact words revealed by God to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) via the angel Gabriel. It's message is for the entire world, until the world ends. It is because Allah has promised to preserve the Qur'an that there won't be any need for a new Prophet, because the message is, and will remain, intact. Thus it is fully preserved with no word in it coming from any human. It is 100% the word of God, unlike the other scriptures that we have with us today, that have been changed by humans - thus it supersedes the previous scriptures, while being a continuation, confirmation and culmination of the original message contained within them, in its last and final form. The final testament. It has no versions or editions. Millions of people from all over the world have it memorised and they all recite word for word the same thing. It contains practical guidance on how to live our life, how to worship God, stories of previous prophets from which to learn lessons, warnings, rules, comfort, solace, good tidings, and in it God corrects any misconceptions people may have about Him or His prophets. It tells us what has always been expected from humans since the beginning of time; what He told His prophets to teach people since the very beginning. That message never changed. The essence of Islam is what always was, and has always been, the true and natural religion; the way of all the Prophets, the original and only message. The Qur'an has been translated into nearly every language. These are regarded as translations of the Qur'an, but not as the Qur'an itself, which is in Arabic, and has rhythm and poetic beauty. Any preconceived notion that you might have of a book should be put aside. This book is completely unique in every way; its content, arrangement, style, authorship, preservation, and memorisability, amongst other things. The Prophet's practice and directives, as taught to him by God, (the Sunnah), have also been recorded and preserved, and the Sunnah must be followed along with the Qur'an. Question is, as someone who says they have a good understanding of the message the Qur'an contains, are you ready to accept that message? Peace.
Thanks for the copy and paste. Do you have any thoughts of your own share?

Insaanah
04-05-2014, 04:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Idrisa;n2230909
Thanks for the copy and paste. Do you have any thoughts of your own share?
^ Thanks for the assumption. Those are my own thoughts, which I put on my own site.

Idrisa
04-05-2014, 05:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah;n2230910
^ Thanks for the assumption. Those are my own thoughts, which I put on my own site.
Just an observation not an assumption of anything. Whilst I don't doubt the veracity of your words certainly it seemed as though you simply copied and pasted material as opposed to a personal comment directed at me. That's all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!