/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did my beard get bigger? (seriously)

duraldo
04-16-2014, 04:34 AM
This is a 100% serious topic, even though it's a bit humorous. I've had what my friends would call an "Arab beard" for awhile now, far before becoming a convert. For two reasons, the first, I am so lazy, I just didn't want to shave. The second, I got tired of people calling me "ma'am" when all they would see is my long hair. Anyhoo, no matter what I did, it never grew longer than an inch. I noticed today, that it seems longer than it was a week ago (it hasn't grown in over 5 months, takes like 1.5 weeks to fully grow for me). But today, it seems longer. I'm curious, any new brothers experience something like this? Or is this in my head. If my hair starts growing, I'm gonna freak out! It hasn't grown a millimeter in over 7 years (it's at the max length I think).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
04-16-2014, 06:47 PM
:salam:

Something similar happened with one of our admins. You can read about that here: http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/ge...85#post1437585

format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow;n1437585
:sl:

I can only answer for myself. I have a long beard after over 60 beardless years, simply because Allaah(swt) finally allowed it to grow.

Before I reverted to Islam I tried many times to grow a beard and was unable to because of my genetic make up. Many of us who are part oriental have very little if any facial hair. I was one with virtually no facial hair except for a long sick mustache that looked like a wilted caterpillar. Any other facial hair occasionally grew in little colored patches and would fall out after a few weeks.

I was 65 years old when I said the Shahadah and the very first Ramadan after I said the Shahadah a beautiful white beard grew in and reached fist length in that single month. At the same time my sick mustache died and fell out. I will never trim or cut my beard. My beard is still white, has thickened and is still fist length. I see it as a gift from Allaah(swt) and that is why I have a long beard.

Hulk
04-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Blessed brothers :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!