/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Lightning and Telephone Cable

ardianto
04-19-2014, 03:51 PM
:sl:

Few weeks ago computers in my office damaged after lightning struck electrical cable.

Just curious, if I use home phone and lightning struck the telephone cable, would I get electric shock?. Frankly, I never used home phone (except wireless type) when a lot of lightning because I am afraid to get struck by lightning through phone cable.

I have this fear since I was kid. To be honest, after I read Tintin comic (The Seven Crystal Balls)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-19-2014, 04:08 PM
I understand if people assume that I am joking because the cause sound childish. But I really have this fear.

introspective
04-19-2014, 05:55 PM
Your fears are not unfounded and electrical surges can happen. Even proper grounding of your house's telephone NID cannot prevent it.

introspective
04-19-2014, 05:56 PM
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/techno/phone.asp

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
04-20-2014, 03:09 AM
Ow, ow, my fears really has a base. Yes, I am always worry to use home phone under lightning, except wireless phone type. Even I always ignore phone call and often warn people to not use home phone when lightning rain.

Jazak Allah Khayr for your info, brother.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!