/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What to say when you're anxious in the restroom

azzedinefaizan
05-02-2014, 09:03 AM
Assalaamu Alaikum

I was told by a fellow Muslim that we cannot invoke the name of Allah (SWT) when in the restroom. I have obsessive-compulsive disorder and am often anxious especially when in public restrooms. Can I say "A'oothu billaahi minash Shaytaanir rajeem" when in the restroom? Is there nothing I can do?

Istighfar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fainoz
05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Nvm

ardianto
05-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

According to the ulama, in emergency situation, something that impermissible may be permitted with restriction. It's called "hukm Darurah" (law of emergency).

So, In emergency situation which you are really afraid, you are allowed to recite du'a in restroom. But remember, this is only for emergency situation. If you are just bit anxious and you still able to handle it, you should avoid to mention "Allah" in the restroom.

azzedinefaizan
05-02-2014, 06:51 PM
This is all very helpful. Thanks so much, everyone! I will say a dua beforehand and reserve the law of emergency only for very serious situations. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fatimataybia46
11-12-2014, 07:37 AM
In the restroom, you should say "Istighfar-Ullah" according to my limited Islamic knowledge.

format_quote Originally Posted by azzedinefaizan
Assalaamu Alaikum

I was told by a fellow Muslim that we cannot invoke the name of Allah (SWT) when in the restroom. I have obsessive-compulsive disorder and am often anxious especially when in public restrooms. Can I say "A'oothu billaahi minash Shaytaanir rajeem" when in the restroom? Is there nothing I can do?

Istighfar

ahsankhan
11-12-2014, 09:42 AM
consult a aalim for this.shukran

Muhaba
11-12-2014, 10:41 AM
You can say it in your mind but not say it aloud.

Eshai
11-12-2014, 04:35 PM
What if the restroom is clean, and there are no "impurities" contained therein at that moment?

What of the people who work in sanitation? Garbage men? Sewage treatment employees? Plumbers and pipe fitters?

Muhaba
11-13-2014, 09:25 PM
There are duas to read when entering and leaving the restroom. Learn them and try to read them. Maybe they'll make you feel less anxious.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!