/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice From Sheikh Ahmed Deedat

Hulk
05-14-2014, 08:18 PM

Just sharing some thoughts.. do correct any mistakes in my understanding.

While the subject of the video is regarding something else, I think the advice given at the end is beautiful and is something that should be reflected on especially for those of us who frequent forums. Being in an environment where more often than not we are given the same questions over and over again, we tend to respond by simply copy/paste/post video from somewhere instead of actually responding to the question ourselves.

It's not that I think we shouldn't be doing any copy/pasting, certainly the text that is often copy/pasted is informative and can be beneficial, but that might not be enough. Consider the clothes we wear, wouldn't it be nice to have a tailor-made suit as opposed to one that is off the shelf? Sure, the one off the shelf just might have better fabrics and buttons but if it still doesn't fit us as well as a tailor-made suit with average fabric and buttons we would still prefer the tailor-made suit. Or to use another analogy, to open a locked door we would need a key that is specifically meant to fit with the keyhole of that door. We might possess a key of the highest standard that is made of gold, but if it's not designed to be able to unlock that door it's not going to be of much use in that particular situation.

Personally, I am reminded of the hadith which says "..Speak to people according to their level of knowledge..".

Some things Sheikh Ahmed Deedat mentioned which stood out to me..

"Reason with him, but of course as I said it depends upon his background and experience. I can't just tell you answers and say "Look just give him this and he'll be satisfied."." "Everybody you have to deal with them individually, according to their background and experience."

Allahu a'lam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
03-19-2015, 04:55 PM
Masha'allah Sheikh Ahmed Deedat, may Allah swt have mercy on him, what a legend he was:alhamd:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!