/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Muslimah on a Plane. Please help!

Bryn
06-02-2014, 05:45 AM
Asalam Alaykum brothers and sisters!

I will, inshallah, be flying to Oman for Ramadan. This will be my first time to travel as a Muslim (alhumduliallah, I recently converted) and my first time flying alone. I understand the I can shorten and combine my prayers (Duhur and Ars, Magrib and Isha). But I am not sure about when to pray them. Looking at my flight schedule, I will be in the air from before Magrib starts to about 10:00 am, well after Fajr ends. Can anyone give me any advise about how to pray in airports/ on planes?

Also, any travel tips for a hijabi? I am flying from USA, to Germany, and then to Oman. I will take a similar path home, inshallah, after eid. I will have someone to drop me off and pick me up at the airports, but through security and the flights, I will be alone. I am wondering what security will be like, and what I can do to prepare for the (possible) extra scrutiny I could receive. What do you (ladies) find to be the best things to pack in a carry-on, wear, and bring in your check-bag when traveling? How do you deal with the crowds? Security? What do you do if the passenger next to you is a man?

If you have any experience or advice, please share it, and inshallah, Allah Ta'ala will reward you.

May Allah bless you today and tomorrow,
Bryn

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-02-2014, 07:11 AM
:wa:

sis , Welcome to Islam .

better if u fly with father , brother or uncle , if married with husband ie. with muharim person . Is it very important for u to go to Oman ?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!