/* */

PDA

View Full Version : One important matter

yusufkazim
06-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Assallamu alaykum First I want to give you small introduction. How I convinced to Islam. My names is Józek, I'm Polish so I'm sorry - I always make mistakes. I'm former Roman Catholic. What did wreck my faith in Christianity? It was Bible... yeah, Bible. Every person who read them should know how Bible was manipulated. Anyways even Christians say that Old Testament was changed but it's not issue what I want to say. When I started reading Quran all my doubts about religion disappeared. I know everything what I said sounds very laconic but what I want to say: Quran is ideal, this is remedy for all illness, beautiful words of God. So I want to ask why do we need Sunnah? I know my knowledge is very poor so I ask about that but if everything is in Holy Quran, why do we need it? How can Sunnah prohibits something what isn't prohibited in Quran. I know what is written about Prophet (peace be upon him): 7:157. ‘Those who follow this perfect Messenger, the Arab Prophet whom they find described in the Torah and the Evangel which are with them, who enjoins upon them that which is right and forbids them that which is wrong, and who makes lawful for them all the pure and good things, and makes unlawful all the impure and bad things, and who relieves them of their heavy burdens and shackles that weigh them down. Indeed those who believe in him and honour him and serve him and follow the light that has been sent down with him, it is these who will attain their goal.’ but: 6:150. Say, ‘Bring your witnesses who can testify that Allâh has forbidden the thing (you forbid yourselves).’ Then supposing they testify this, do not bear them out, nor follow the caprice of those who treat Our Messages as lies and who do not believe in the Hereafter and who set up equals to their Lord. and: 66:1. Prophet! Why do you forbid yourself the things which Allâh has made lawful to you? You seek the pleasure (of Allâh) for your wives. And Allâh is Great Protector, Ever Merciful. I'm asking why do we rely on Sunnah which was written by people? (and if we should, why isn't it only Prophet Sunnah). Why don't we focus on Holy Words of God - Quran only. Anyways i think Sunnah is good when it say us how we should do something, not what we should to do. How, not what. I repeat my knowledge is very poor, so I want to know. I'm really beginner in Islam. It's hard to talk about here, so i ask you. I've never had real conversation with Muslim. Islam in Poland is 0,013%. Anyways give me reply please. One thing is certain: God knows the best.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
06-17-2014, 04:11 PM

:wa:

there are several threads on why we should follow Hadith . Pl. browse the forum .

now only one verse from holy Quran :

You should accept whatever the Messenger gives you and abandon whatever he tells you to abandon. ... (Surat al-Hashr: 7)

greenhill
06-18-2014, 02:44 AM
Wasalaam.

This is a never ending question but the fact is simple... The Quran is a complete guide but it does not tell you exactly how things are done (like how to pray, what to read in your prayers etc), hence the sunnah, a guide from the prophet pbuh himself.

This is where the problems arises, the Quran itself cannot be challenged as you have discovered yourself, but some still do not want to believe the words and the sunnah is the best way for people to distort the religion by way of fabrication or altering the sunnah/hadeeth.

What is the most important theme repeated in the sunnah or the way of the prophet pbuh? It is his character, his patience, truthfulness, compassion, fairness, wisdom, faith, generosity, humble nature, charity, etc all done in the name of Allah. Really, I suppose we should gauge ourselves with regards to these characteristics of the holy prophet to see how we are in serving our Lord.

You should also look up previously discussed posts on this as Muslim Woman suggested...

Peace.

yusufkazim
06-20-2014, 08:53 AM
You gave me very good replies, something what I needed. Thank you :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
06-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Wa Alaykum Assalam brother,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your conversion to Islam. May Allaah :swt: keep you steadfast and increase you in knowledge and understanding of this noble religion, Aameen.

Below are some threads and posts on the topic of the Sunnah, explaining its importance using detailed evidences, and clarifying some misconceptions also:

http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/le...94#post1199294
http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/le...on-sunnah.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/le...nah-islam.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/le...046#post258046
http://www.islamicboard.com/forum/le...10#post1926610

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!