/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you have to take medicine, do you bother fasting at all?

Zabel
07-07-2014, 07:28 AM
If you have to take medicine, do you bother fasting at all?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
07-07-2014, 10:23 AM
i recently went through surgery on my kidneys.

i do not think i will be able to fast again and am also now on medication.

the funny thing is that i fasted last year and it was during long hot days and manual labour.. that probably contributed a lot towards me ending up in hospital.

so im not bothering to fast this year at least, although more people have asked me if im fasting then ever before.

and my wife keeps offering to make me tea in the morning.

its like they forgot i fasted last year...and the year before....

jkekeis
07-09-2014, 01:46 PM
I developed an overactive thyroid several years ago, but had it treated with radio-iodine. Now it's underactive and I have to take medication daily, but I only have to take one pill on an empty stomach. I usually wait until right at sunset at take it, then pray Maghrib and then break my fast. I do feel a bit woozy and slightly lightheaded by that point, but I know I'm going to have something to eat soon. Now, if it were a case where I had to take medicine twice daily at let's say 12 hour intervals, I think there's no way that you could avoid having to miss fasting.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!