/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What ever happened to the "Like" button?

Iceee
07-19-2014, 02:41 PM
Salaam.

I'm unable to find my old likes on my profile and not able to find the button on posts.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
07-19-2014, 03:29 PM
:wa:

We will soon decide whether or not to restore the likes system ,:ia: after ramadan.

greenhill
07-22-2014, 04:51 AM
Thank you for clarifying the matter. Been wondering and just assumed that the whole site is still undergoing 'fine' adjustments after restoring it back to near the old format... :p

aflawedbeing
07-22-2014, 10:53 AM
I'm confused, isn't there meant to be a like button?
I have a like button...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AabiruSabeel
07-22-2014, 01:56 PM
:sl:

The old 'Like' system was part of the vBSEO plugin which is no longer functional. It had to go along with it. We have recently installed a different 'like' system and it shows the Like and Dislike buttons at the bottom of the posts.

These buttons work similar to the Reputation system. Clicking on Like adds 1 point and Dislike subtracts 1 point from the post owner's reputation.

The reputation system is slightly different. When you click on

, it shows an option to either approve or disapprove the post, along with an option to write a small comment. The number of points added to the user on clicking the approve button depends on your 'Rep Power'. The Rep Power is automatically calculated by the system based on your post count, reputation points and duration of stay on the forum.
Disapproving the post subtracts half of your Rep Power from the user. There will be no change to your own Reputation or Rep Points.

To prevent the abuse of the system, you cannot give reputation to the same user more than once at the same time. You have to give reputation to 5 other users first, and you can only give reps to 20 users within 24 hours.

The rep comments are hidden from the normal users. They can only be viewed by the Admins.
But the Like and Dislike are publicly visible.

greenhill
07-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Ok. I'm beginning to understand it better now... not sure how long I will remember it though..:D

I also see the 'like' button now.

Thank you for explaining.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!