/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Local Masjid

hisnameiszzz
07-19-2014, 03:36 PM
Salaams all.

I heard in a sermon recently that it was not advisable to go to the Masjid very early and that it would be ideal to go once Adhaan had been offered. I thought it was a very peculiar thing until yesterday and I now fully understand why the Imam said that..........

I normally go to the Masjid about an hour before actual prayer time so I can sit and pray the Qura'an. I can't concentrate at home thanks to the nasty noisy neighbours which I am sure you will have read about in my many threads .

Guess what was being discussed loudly in the Masjid yesterday? In the actual Masjid? No, nothing Islamic. No, nothing to do with Ramadhan. No, not football. No, not cricket even.

They were discussing Shar Rook Khan's wife. I didn't have a clue who Shar Rook Khan is so I googled it and almost fell off my bed.

They were sat in Allah's house in the holy month of Ramadhan, almost approaching the last 10 days, discussing some stupid Indian movie star's wife and how pretty she was. Tawba tawba.

It's at times like that I wish a lightning bolt would fall out of the sky and strike them down there and then.

What do I do now? Do I go to the Masjid at the last minute? I know they will be there today discussing something else no doubt and I don't want to end up with ghuna because I have heard their idle gossip.

What are your Masjids like? Places of worship or community centres like mine?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
07-19-2014, 04:17 PM
:wa:

Subhan Allah people talking about worldly things in the masjid is one of the signs of the last day.

Ibn Mas'ood

narrated that the Prophet

said: "When the Last Day is near, there would be people who would sit in the mosque in circles, and their main concern (or talk) would be the worldly life. Do not sit with them as Allaah does not care about them." [At-Tabaraani, and Al-Albaani classified it as authentic]

I think you should still go to the masjid early :ia:, at least it's better then home. Try reciting quran loudly or something so you can't hear them lol. Or maybe sit far far away from them. Hows your imam? Is he one of those cultural imams? Maybe you can discuss with him on rules for the masjid and people staying quiet.

Alhamdulilah my masjids a place of worship. There may be one or two uncles and chachas discussing politics sometimes but overall it's good. We have lot of events such as lectures so the atmosphere is only talk about Allah and his religion.

May Allah keep us steadfast on the deen and make our masjids a place which brings us closer to Him. Ameen.

ardianto
07-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam

I don't know what people talk about in my masjid because they never talk loudly. Actually one etiquette in masjid is not talk loudly. And also, if people want to chat, they always do it not in masjid hall, but in terrace or masjid park. This is an etiquette in masjid too.

If they do gossip in masjid hall, and loudly, it's means they don't know about etiquette in masjid. You can try to remind them about etiquette in masjid.

My masjid is a community center too, and become favorite place for salesmen from few companies to meet and discuss their business strategy. But they always discuss on masjid terrace, or park, after perform salah.

hisnameiszzz
07-19-2014, 07:24 PM
Thanks for the responses.

Farhaan, the ex Imam (the older one) is perfect. However, he does not say anything to the muqtadees. He once told someone off and the person said "I am never coming to the Masjid again and it's your fault". The ex Imam has mentioned this in his sermons a few times, so going to him would not be of any use.

The idle gossipers were not there today so I was able to pray without indirectly committing any sins.

It would be perfect if the gossipers sat outside the Masjid or went into the wudhu khana to have their chats instead of in the Masjid. But there is not much I can do about it. Don't get me wrong, they can chat about who or whatever they want, I just don't want to accrue sins because I have overheard them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
07-20-2014, 03:16 AM
do they talk while you make salaat?

I would move to a place in the masjid where I cannot be disturbed, and if thats not possible, I'd politely request them to keep quiet while i make salaat so i can concentrate.

Do find a spot in the masjid where they can't be heard by you as a first step.

Failing that: Approaching brothers with Assalaam alaikum, and then explaining to them that you are weak in concentration (sometimes it helps to let them empathise with you, by humbling yourself) and their talk makes it even harder to concentrate - should get a "nod" out of the brothers, and they will either stop or take it elsewhere.

Sometimes we have to engineer the responses others give us, just be a little smart about it :)

In sha Allah, all will be well.

hisnameiszzz
07-20-2014, 09:58 AM
Uncle Scimi gee, They CANNOT take criticism. They are perfect and can do no wrong.

If I (a normal person, no Imam, no nothing) went over and told them something like that, they would rip my head off. I've already mentioned that the Imam won't intervene because he knows what the people are like. Do you honestly think it would be smart for me to go and do something like that?

Anyway, this thread should get closed as I am ditching my morals and being a "Muslim" like my neighbours from now on. Perhaps better things will happen to me at long last. Roll on the good times!

Scimitar
07-20-2014, 12:44 PM
Brother, the life of a believer is filled with trials, and tribulations.

We believe - right? We will be tested at every single stage, Allah aza wa jal tests HIS servants many many times each day. The brothers in the masjid are (as someone said) reflective of the times we are living in... but that doesn't mean that all Muslims in the modern age are "of the modern age", no bro, not at all... some of us feel we'd be better off living in the times of past ages - like me, like you, and like many others here on this forum - but We've been placed in this "time" for a reason. We are witnesses to the time we live in.

Consider my words brother. You know all too well, that living a life without moral inclinations and due consideration for what it means to be a Muslim, is a life of absolutely no spiritual benefit.

And you have a lot inside of you which is good, and vigilant against the self. And that is a remarkably good thing in this, the modern age, where hypocrisy is rife.

When you go to the masjid, you go in the hope that you will be in the house of Allah, worshipping HIM and remembering HIM in the best of places on the earth. No Masjid is built on grounds which ar unclean, Allah ensures that every building that is converted into a masjid (or every masjid that is built) is on purified grounds.

Your own personal struggle is reflective of mine, I see brothers who will not just talk, but play videos on their mobile phones and then giggle away with their little sad crew. It used to make me angry, and I used to have my words with them - sometimes they listened - other times they laughed at me (as if to say "you aint my father") - sad state of affairs right?

I remember these times all too well.

Don't give in bro, you know I think highly of you and admire your honesty - and I know it's not easy to be vigilant against the "self", it's a lifelong struggle. But you are struggling in the path and that is what we are supposed to do; your faith, like all of ours here, is tested brother - you're just a little more vocal about it, because you want clarification here from us - so I am giving it to you.

I wonder if you've ever seen the Muezzin give Adhaan? He usually puts two fingers in his ears, so he can block out the noise and concentrate on his pitch and tone when giving the adhaan... that gave me an idea bro (and I'm gonna do this - thought you'd benefit from it too)... earplugs brother... they will give us a better concentration during our sunnah salaahs, and we won't be able to hear the nonsense in the rows behind us - believe me I'm kicking myself for not realising this sooner and will take a little walk to the chemist tomorrow in order to invest in a box of them.

We have options bro - ear plugs can do wonders.

To think, earplugs can save us from giving up. This small little invention :) Allah is merciful brother, HE always shows us a way, when it seems there is no other way :) Allahu Akbar, Alhamdulilllah.

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!