/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Books on the Holy Prophet

greenhill
07-26-2014, 10:32 AM
There are number of books available in the market that tells us about prophet Muhammad.

That I know and read are by Martin Lings, Muhammad Husayn Haykal, both epic to read and another author Golam W Choudury which is an average novel length. There are a few in my mother tongue of Malay which I have read one version.

Anyone read any of the above to give their feedback?

I found Martin Lings very easy to read although fairy long. It is a straight forward life of the prophet pbuh. Haykal on the other hand I found slightly heavier going and is written like short-ish essays on the life and times of the prophet. It details a lot more on the on-goings and significance of the revelation to the society then (the Arabs, the Jews and Christians).

In the end, I enjoyed them all but I found the referencing/indexing from Haykal a bit perplexing...

If you have any other to add to the list of books on the prophet, please list it down.

Jazakallah khair

Peace :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!