/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Muslim Seeking Help

Jellyfish
07-28-2014, 03:41 PM
Assalamu alaikum. I have only recently discovered Allah in my life. (I performed my first Salah at Fajr this morning. :) ) I come from a Christian family, though, and there are not many fellow Muslims in my area. Therefore, it will be very difficult for me to learn to properly follow the faith. I hope everybody here on the forum will be able to help me grow stronger in faith and teach me how to do everything properly. Thank you all and jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
07-28-2014, 04:21 PM
:wa:

br , welcome to Islam . Try to learn slowly . Pl browse the forum and ask in related threads.

aflawedbeing
07-28-2014, 10:21 PM
MashaAllah you have come to a good place for that brother/sister Jellyfish.
Have you said shahada yet? With or without witnesses?

Welcome to the straight path. May Allah swt keep you upon it. Ameeeeeen!

h-n
07-28-2014, 10:45 PM
Assalamu alaikum,

Becoming a Muslim, praying your first Salah, is where you are you already being guided in following the footsteps of Prophets Ibrahim, Noah, David, Solomon, Muhammad, Isa peace be upon them.

Any questions, just ask.

I hope you enjoy your time here, and may Allah bless you further in this world and in the hereafter.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
07-29-2014, 03:02 AM
Wa Alaykum Assalam brother,

Welcome to the forum. All praise is for Allaah the Most High who guided you to the truth! :)

We'll be happy to help as best we can In sha Allah.

Hulk
07-29-2014, 07:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jellyfish
Assalamu alaikum. I have only recently discovered Allah in my life. (I performed my first Salah at Fajr this morning. ) I come from a Christian family, though, and there are not many fellow Muslims in my area. Therefore, it will be very difficult for me to learn to properly follow the faith. I hope everybody here on the forum will be able to help me grow stronger in faith and teach me how to do everything properly. Thank you all and jazakallah.
Wa alaykumsalam wrwb bro

Thanks for sharing about your background, inshaaAllah you will benefit from the posts here.

greenhill
07-30-2014, 09:38 AM
Welcome to the forum Jellyfish.

It inspires me every time I hear of of a 'revert' and it often makes me wonder 'what did they see?' and intrigues me that they may see something I didn't, taken for granted perhaps, and totally overlooked.imsad

But that is for another thread maybe? If you care to share...

Jeffrey Lang in his youtube video 'The purpose of Life', if I remember correctly inspired me no end! Someone (again if I remember correctly, a revert like yourself) mentioned it here in this forum) and I can't remember who (to thank him):embarrass

Anyway, there are some really interesting stuff in the depths of the archives if you can get that far ;D

Enjoy your stay and I pray you don't sting so bad +o(

:peace:

Newly Born
07-30-2014, 10:01 AM
Assalamu Aleikum
Welcome to Islam brother...!
Even though I am a Muslim by birth,I have been practising my religion for the last 7 months.May Allah(swt) guide you through the process of learning and practising...! You can always ask specific questions to us regarding the practise and we will try to answer them respectfully.
May Allah bless you with the peace and tranquility!

drac16
08-17-2014, 02:03 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

We're here for you, brother. Please don't hesitate to ask something (whatever you want).

Woodrow
08-17-2014, 05:23 PM
as-Salaamu Alaikum Jellyfish,

There are some advantages in being the only Muslim in an area. It gives you the incentive to constantly seek knowledge from every source available. It is excellent encouragement to learn how to learn.

Take full advantage of the internet and find sources for books you can order (Many are free).

My wife and myself are the only Muslims in the county I live in. In many ways it has been a blessing as it has taught us to study from all sources. We also appreciate our Brothers and Sisters when we do come into contact with them when we go into a large city.

Scimitar
08-18-2014, 01:36 AM
someday, I'd love to come visit you in sha Allah,

for the new reverts :) Assalaam alaikum and welcome to Islamic Board, best islamic forum on the web :)

Scimi

BilalKid
08-18-2014, 02:25 AM
wow new muslims coming to islam all the time, jellyfish keep us updated on your story!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!