/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LittleFlower in a Forest

LittleFlower
08-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Hi everyone, I am LittleFlower and I'm here to learn a thing or two (hopefully lots more) about Islam.
I live in a rural area of the UK, my parents are two different religions (my mother was a baptised Catholic and my father a baptised Presbyterian however both are lapse Christians and do not practice their faiths). Growing up, I went to a multi-denominational school, in my junior classes we would learn about other religions, if there was a Jewish girl in the class she would tell us how she prays and all the other students would try it under her instructions, similarly children of Christian and Muslim faiths explained their practices too and we practiced them as well for a few minutes in class.

I'm far older than 5 years old (which I was then) now, however, even though I am a baptised Catholic, I don't practice as none of my direct family practices, I don't too know much about the Christian faith and even less about other faiths. I've always been very curious about faith and religion, and now with the internet at hand, I can talk to people on here and learn.

I have innumerable questions and don't know where to start but I'll introduce myself and hope you accept me and that I don't pester you too much with all the questions.

I'm 21 years old and I study computer science in university, I graduate next year but hope to study more, perhaps get a masters if I can find another university to go to that offers a course I can take.

Please come talk to me, I'd love to make friends and I'd love to ask lots of questions if you wouldn't mind lending me a few minutes to answer them.

Thank you very much

LittleFlower.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Iceee
08-05-2014, 12:08 AM
Salaam / Hello Sister LittleFlower.

Welcome to IslamicBoard. It's great that you joined. Please feel free to browse through the past threads and have a read. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
We will try to answer any questions as soon as possible; the only problem is we Muslims pray a lot and we may take a few hours to answer.:exhausted

Peace Be Upon You.

LittleFlower
08-05-2014, 12:19 AM
Hello Brother Iceee

Thank you for your kind welcome, it warmed my heart. There is so much on here to read I barely know where to start! I did post a list of my questions -though I'm awfully afraid of saying something wrong and upsetting people. They say ignorance is bliss, but sometimes its rather frightening if you ask me!!!
I am grateful of your kind response, you've put my nerves at rest, I hope no one rushes to answer my silly questions :exhausted I'd hate to burden anyone!!!

Peace be upon you too. :thankyou:

LittleFlower
08-05-2014, 12:50 AM
Oops I lostmy post :( I will postmy questions again on another occassion ^^"

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslim Woman
08-05-2014, 06:44 AM
Hello LittleFlower

Welcome here .:statisfie

Pl. browse the forum first . Ask in related threads or start new threads in general section . This section is for intro only .

greenhill
08-05-2014, 06:46 AM
Welcome to the forum. This is a good place to learn more. In fact you could browse through the archives to read relevant threads. Many interesting posts and responses there.

Wishing you a great stay

Hulk
08-05-2014, 08:52 AM
Hi littleflower, welcome to the forum. We all hope to benefit from our time here as well :)

Newly Born
08-05-2014, 09:41 AM
Hi LittleFlower welcome
I advise you to watch ''islamictube'' for getting proper information about our religion since I am also doing so.There many scholars talk about our deen(religion) and how to practice it and they also talk about the lifestyles of Muslims .
You will definitely benefit by watching the videos there.
May Allah guide you into the correct path!
Peace be upon you!

LittleFlower
08-08-2014, 06:06 PM
Thank you all :) I am very pleased to meet you

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!