/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A book forgotten

greenhill
08-12-2014, 04:23 PM
I used to have people who would sell books, come to my to house. Looking at them carrying the heavy load to earn a living out in the hot sun, and it had to be books on the deen. I have a thing about giving money the beggars, but this effort is different. So, I would buy, sometimes several at a time when the topics are intriguing and the cash at hand is available:statisfie

Just before Eid, I was clearing out and rearranging books and came across one about the 7 Haa Meem surahs. All in a row from 40 to 46. Very interesting indeed! I can't remember when I bought it, must have been around 15 years ago. A season when several more got into the act, I ended up buying more than I could read and it got buried under the stack!:hmm:

From what I read, the special thing about the 7 surah is that they are stationed at each of the gates to the 7 heavens. They will be calling to Allah on the Day of Reckoning, saying that we are the reader of their surahs, the Haa Meem series, the words of Allah Himself, that we, the readers should enter through their doors, where they are stationed, into heaven. :amin:

It kinds of 'adds' to my understanding that the Quran will testify. That we read it. Or don't. That we abide by it. Or don't. :phew

But it is nice to find out more hidden bonuses..:D

:Alhumdill

Peace

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
08-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Why Muslims buy soccer magazine?. Because they love soccer!. Why Muslims buy book of dua?. Because they feel pity to the man who sell this book.

And what happen then?

Those Muslim read this soccer magazine enthusiastically and then put it neatly in the bookshelf, so they can read again anytime. While they just put this dua book together with old newspapers without read it, and then forget this dua book.

One behavior of Muslims that I have noticed. :hmm:

Saja
08-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Wow, I have a lot of those books scattered around my house, sometimes I just give them the money and let them keep the books.

greenhill
08-23-2014, 06:44 PM
I do read them. Eventually. I'm quite an avid reader. Haven't got great memory but I do remember stuff.

Nana, maybe you should start reading the scattered books

:D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saja
08-23-2014, 08:17 PM
I do read them! Not all of them xD but that’s why I didn’t throw them away because I may need check these books for a reminder or something else one day.

greenhill
08-24-2014, 03:23 PM
Ya. That's what happened to me. I came across the only book I had not read (the Haa Meem series) when I went about clearing up these 'scattered books from around the house....:D

Time for more books....

:peace:

Samiun
08-24-2014, 09:42 PM
haha that sums me up! I used to buy dua books in order to memorize them(because at the time I hadn't memorize any dua'), but until now I've not read them again in particular the salat handbook. I even forgot the dua' for wudhu for instance and I haven't read a book concerning on how to perform salat-ul jama' properly

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!