/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone tell me how to do Istikhara for business??

AansaKareem
08-20-2014, 10:37 AM
I have heard Istikhara must be done before starting business or any new venture, to avoid an future problems or issues. I have searched on Google about Istikhara for business but could not find any proper guidance. Please suggest me an authentic source of guidance. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated!!!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saja
08-20-2014, 03:04 PM
I only know couple of videos that explain how to do the Istikhara prayer the right way, and he also talk about the common mistakes that people do when it comes to this prayer, the thing is the videos are in Arabic if you speak it. (I don’t know other source in another language).

www(.)youtube.com/watch?v=6QI0IMe2_XI
www(.)youtube.com/watch?v=xPu2C4aB5C0

Muslim Woman
08-20-2014, 03:51 PM
:sl:

Fatwa No : 81434
Prayer Istikhara
Fatwa Date : Jumaadaa Al-Oula 13, 1420 / 24-8-1999

Question

Tell me all about salat al istikhara.

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds, and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.
Salatul Istikharah is a sunnah that, if one must choose between permissible alternatives, one may pray two non-obligatory rak'at, even if they are of the regular sunnah prayers or a prayer for entering the mosque, and so on, during any time of the day or night, and recite therein whatever one wishes from the Qur'an after reciting al-Fatihah.

Then one praises Allah and sends salutations to the Prophet

and recites the following supplication which has been recorded by al-Bukhari in Jabir's narration: "The Prophet would teach us al-istikhara for all of our affairs, as he would teach us a surah from the Qur'an.

He said: 'If one of you intends over an act, he should pray two non-obligatory rak'at and say: "O Allah, I consult You as You are All-Knowing and I appeal to You to give me power as You are Omnipotent, I ask You for Your great favor, for You have power and I do not, and You know all of the hidden matters . O Allah ! If you know that this matter (then he should mention it) is good for me in my religion, my livelihood, and for my life in the Hereafter, (or he said: 'for my present and future life,') then make it (easy) for me. And if you know that this matter is not good for me in my religion, my livelihood and my life in the Hereafter, (or he said: 'for my present and future life,') then keep it away from me and take me away from it and choose what is good for me wherever it is and please me with it."

There is nothing authentic concerning something specific that is to be recited in the prayer nor is there any authentic report concerning how many times one should repeat it. An-Nawawi holds that "after performing the istikharah, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he had desired to do before making the istikharah.

And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, otherwise he is not completely leaving the choice to Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allah's power and knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allah's choice, means that one should completely leave what he himself had desired or determined.

Allah knows best.

Prayer Istikhara - Islam web - English

ardianto
08-20-2014, 04:10 PM
:sl:

I am just a low level businessman who manage small business. But Alhamdulillah, through this business I can fulfill my family need and can employ several people. It's means I can give income to other people too. However, actually this business was not a business which I've planned before.

I've ever made big mistake in business that made me fell into bankruptcy. Then I tried to build a business again. I chose a business which I thought suitable for me. However, I got many barrier when I tried. But I made dua, wish Allah give me easiness to build a new business to fulfill my family need.

One day, someone suddenly offered me to take over his business, and ....... in cheap price!. I was so surprised because, I was not close with him, I didn't knew that he wanted to sell his business, I never told him about take over his business and even I never told him that I have interest to this business. But I realized this business was suitable with my current condition. So I took over his business although I must borrow money from my sister. Frankly, I really didn't have money in that time.

I believe, that was the answer of my dua.

The common question that appear in our mind when we want to establish a business is, what kind of business I should choose?. But unfortunately, many of us make mistake in answer this question. Instead of choose a business that suitable with our current condition, situation, and ability, we are deluded with our own 'dream'. Like the mistake that I've ever done. The business which I've planned before actually beyond my ability, and not suitable with my current condition and situation in that time. But I forced myself because I really want. That's why I got many barrier. And Alhamdulillah, later Allah showed me a suitable business for me.

So, sister. If you want to choose a business, it's better you make dua, wish Allah show you the most suitable business for you. If now you already run a business, you can still run your business. If your current business is suitable for you, Allah would give you a sign. If there is another business which more suitable for you, Allah would give you a sign too. And you must prepare yourself because this sign can come anytime.

About salah istikhara. Basically salah istikhara for choosing a business is same as salah istikhara for choosing a life-partner or choosing a school. The difference is only in dua that you say.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Genesis
08-20-2014, 11:50 PM
Hello and peace to all
What is Istihkara ?

ardianto
08-21-2014, 12:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genesis
Hello and peace to all
What is Istihkara ?
Salah (pray) for guidance to determining (make decision) a choice. In example, a girl get marriage proposal but she is still not sure to accept or not accept. Then she perform salah istikhara to get guidance to decide, accept or not accept.

Genesis
08-21-2014, 12:07 AM
Oh. Thank you. Yes that is a very important thing.

Saja
08-21-2014, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Genesis
Hello and peace to all
What is Istihkara ?
It’s a prayer you do to ask for a guidance from Allah before any major decision. The word “Istikhara” comes from the word “khayr” means “good”, in other words, it means asking Allah whether this thing (business, marriage, traveling…) is good or not.

My best explanation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!