/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran in audiobook

gord
08-21-2014, 05:40 AM
Hello all!

I am wanting to download an audiobook of the Quran and have one question. There is an English translation read by Abdullah Yusuf Ali and there is also one that is totally in Arabic. I heard somewhere that the best way to hear the Quran is in Arabic. I don't know any Arabic (although I am attempting to learn). Would I get any benefit from the Arabic version or should I just get the English version?

Thanks very much!

gord

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
08-21-2014, 03:19 PM
Hello gord,

Listening the Qur'an in Arabic is also beneficial and we get good deeds recorded for us when we listen attentively. But while you are still a non-Muslim and/or learning about Islam, then you can listen the English translation for understanding purpose.

gord
08-21-2014, 05:36 PM
Thank you for your reply! I got the English version that is read by Abdullah Yusuf Ali. He reads it well it seems. :D

Insaanah
08-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Greetings gord and welcome to the forum.

It is nice to see you're interested in the Qur'an. It is still worth listening to short parts in Arabic to get an appreciation for the sound and beauty of the Qur'an. See this thread, which is especially dedicated to Qur'an recitations for non-Muslims and those interested in the Qur'an or Islam:

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ecitation.html

There are short clips posted there which you can listen to too.

Please do let us know if you have any questions or if we can help you with anything.

Peace.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Saja
08-21-2014, 07:57 PM
Well, since you are going to learn Arabic you can get it in Arabic, but it will be better in English in order to understand what you are reading/listening to.

Ps: reading Quran in Arabic is the best.

gord
08-21-2014, 08:36 PM
Thank you both for the info!

fatimataybia46
10-31-2014, 12:30 PM
I would suggest to get the version that has both English and Arabic.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!