/* */

PDA

View Full Version : sleeping after fajr

jameelash
09-10-2014, 06:44 PM
😴Sleeping after Fajr? 😵Finding it difficult to stay up?
 Spirit is willing ...but flesh is weak...soul wants to encash on the barakah.. but the body does not oblige...

 Read on dear bro and sisters ...to find out what we are missing out on... Subhanallah!

The time after Fajr is a time of immense barakah (blessings). 
Why would it not be filled with blessings.... when Rasoolullah (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) made the following dua for his Ummah?
"O Allah, bless my Ummah (in their work) in the early part of the morning" (Tirmidhi).
It is however, obvious that to receive this barakah one will have to be awake. A person sleeping at this time is deprived of these blessings.

DETESTABLE

Sleeping after Fajr is a detestable practice, unless it is due to weakness, illness or any other valid reason.
If one needs to sleep, he should do so after sunrise, although it is better to take a short nap in the afternoon

"SHOOK HIM AWAKE"

Abdullah bin Umar (R.A.) once passed by a person sleeping after Fajr Salaah. Abdullah (R.A.) shook him awake and remarked: "Don't you know that Allah pays particular attention to His creation at this part of the morning and out of His sheer mercy He admits a great number of people into Jannah" (Majma'uz Zawaid Lil-Haythami—Vol.2, Pg,.70).

According to another hadith - Rasoolullah (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) is reported to have declared:
"Sleeping in the morning hinders sustenance" (Majma'uz Zawaid—Vol.4, Pg.111).

💧RIZQ💧

Aisha (R.A.) narrates that Rasoolullah (salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: "Search for your rizq (sustenance) in the morning because the morning is a time of blessing and success" (Ibid).

The word "rizq" is a comprehensive word which includes:
spiritual progress, physical well-being, one's livelihood, academic work, household duties, etc.
Any work done at this time is guaranteed to have barakah.
There will also be much ease and greater hope of success.

The habit of sleeping after Fajr should therefore be changed.
This time should be used especially for recitation/memorization of the Qur'an, dhikr or any other work. Many great Ulema even disliked talking at this time unless it was something urgent. Genuine necessity is nevertheless excluded.

It Is not Haram or forbidden to sleep after fajr

or Asr for that matter... but as mentioned above there is barakah in that time..

Sleeping after Fajr and ‘Asr - islamqa.info - Sleeping after Fajr and ‘Asr - islamqa.info

May Allah grant us the ability to maximise on the barakah of the fajr time. Aameen.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Saja
09-10-2014, 09:43 PM
I will happy if I can first wake up for the Fajr the whole year and not just when I sleep earlier, if I can do that it will one of the biggest accomplishment of my life xD

Thanks for sharing.

strivingobserver98
09-10-2014, 11:05 PM
:jz:

So much productivity in early morning work, many entrepreneurs and experts even recommend waking up early. Alhamdulilah the many benefits of Islam.

Also watch this video :)

jameelash
09-11-2014, 10:48 AM
goof video.jazakullakhair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!