/* */

PDA

View Full Version : do no marry these types of women

ibhamza
09-11-2014, 06:05 PM
Do not Marry 7 types of Women
Shaikh Ibn Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah) said: Do not marry these seven types of women.
1. Al-Annaanah:
The woman who whines, moans and complains and ‘ties a band around her head’ all the time (i.e. complains of a headache or some illness but in reality she is not sick, rather she is faking).
2. Al-Mannaanah:
The woman who bestows favours, gifts, etc. upon her husband then (at that time or the future) says; “I did such and such for you or on your behalf or because of you.
3. Al-Hannaanah:
The women who yearns or craves for her former husband or children of the former husband.
4. Kay’atul-Qafaa:
The women who has a brand mark on the nape of her neck (i.e. has a bad reputation or doubts about her).
5. Al-Haddaaqah:
The women who cast her eyes at things (i.e. always looking at something to purchase, then desires it and requires her husband to buy it (No Matter What).
6. Al-Barraaqah:
The women who spends much of her day enhancing her face and beautifying it to such an extent that it will seem like it was manufactured.
7. Al-Shaddaaqah:
The woman who talks excessively..
Taken from the Book: ‘A Concise Manual of Marriage’ by Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
11-02-2014, 03:15 PM
Good advice. You can't win or do anything right with these traits.

syed_z
11-02-2014, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the advice.

The question however is how would you know if any one these traits exist before you marry her? ^o)

BeTheChange
11-02-2014, 03:49 PM
Isthikhara prayer - research, research & research :-)

Speak to your potential wifey, speak to family (common saying - you marry the family as well as the girl), find out who she spends her time with (the friends you keep say a lot about the individual), find out how she spends her time, what she does, speak to neighbours, speak to your parents as they more wise than us - & hope for the best in sha Allah.

Whatever's destined for us is destined for us. If you find yourself in a pickle and she's/he's not who you thought she'd be then lots of compromise, talking and finding the middle ground. Wish you the best of the best in sha Allah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
11-02-2014, 04:34 PM
Too late! I've been married 20 years. But there was a thread in the past I shared my thoughts.

Peace :shade:

ahsankhan
11-02-2014, 05:29 PM
nice advice and tips will keep it mind, shukran

Snow
11-02-2014, 06:08 PM
#7 applies to every single woman I have ever met

BeTheChange
11-02-2014, 06:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Snow
#7 applies to every single woman I have ever met
Usually the practising women keep themselves to themselves, are indoors and when they do go out are out for a purpose. You don't see some of the good qualities in women as most of them prefer to stay hidden and anonymous. This goes for men and women. Both believing men and women do exist but are rare to find.

Snow
11-02-2014, 06:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting Nafs
Usually the practising women keep themselves to themselves, are indoors and when they do go out are out for a purpose. You don't see some of the good qualities in women as most of them prefer to stay hidden and anonymous. This goes for men and women. Both believing men and women do exist but are rare to find.
I was not being that serious, but (from my experience) women talk much more than men.
Nothing too bad to say about it. It can be challenging, at times.

Scimitar
11-02-2014, 06:42 PM
I took the liberty of changing the Arabic terms to English ones - though they are not translated, they fit the descriptions underneath....

format_quote Originally Posted by ibhamza
Do not Marry 7 types of Women

1. The Complainer
The woman who whines, moans and complains and ‘ties a band around her head’ all the time (i.e. complains of a headache or some illness but in reality she is not sick, rather she is faking).
2. The Score Keeper:
The woman who bestows favours, gifts, etc. upon her husband then (at that time or the future) says; “I did such and such for you or on your behalf or because of you.
3. The Fantasist:
The women who yearns or craves for her former husband or children of the former husband.
4. The Floozy:
The women who has a brand mark on the nape of her neck (i.e. has a bad reputation or doubts about her).
5. The Gold Digger:
The women who cast her eyes at things (i.e. always looking at something to purchase, then desires it and requires her husband to buy it (No Matter What).
6. The Egoist:
The women who spends much of her day enhancing her face and beautifying it to such an extent that it will seem like it was manufactured.
7. The Gossip Girl:
The woman who talks excessively..
...a fun exercise :D

Scimi

MuslimInshallah
11-02-2014, 10:02 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(twinkle) Men generally think that women talk too much... And women generally think that men don't talk enough!

The truth is, we tend to be different (There are always exceptions...). And I believe we ought to be gentle with each other's differences. Women need to talk to connect. Men are more likely to want to play (or watch) sports together to connect with other men (though men talk a fair bit, too… about subjects that interest them...). But however we do it, we humans need ways to connect. We need each other. Listening to a wife talk about her day is a kindness that a husband can do. Especially if she is home most of the day conversing with children! It is a relief to talk with an adult, some days! And a husband telling his wife a little about his day helps her feel connected to both her husband and to the world at large.

Of course, a wife should be kind with her husband, too. She should understand his need to go off to play some sort of a sport and hang out with his friends, too.

(smile) Anyway, I looked up the root for the last sort of woman offered as a bad match (Ashshaddaaqah). I'd suggest that this is more a woman who speaks in a vulgar manner (unrestrained and loudmouthed) or in a boastful, bragging manner. This is not the usual need for a woman to connect.

(smile) May Allah, the Grateful, Help us to see the good in one another.

ardianto
11-02-2014, 10:38 PM
Fulan : Gentlemen!, do not marry these types of women!. They are not good as a wife!. They will make your life miserable!. They .......

Women : Remember ladies, do not marry a man like Fulan.

Ali Mujahidin
11-03-2014, 12:37 AM
Now if we should not marry any of of those 7 kinds of women, we don't have much choice left at all, if any. No?

ardianto
11-03-2014, 01:01 AM
It's important for men to avoid marry wrong types of women. But very important for men to not have negative view on women because it can make a man loses opportunity to marry the right woman, and even can hurt a woman.

When I was young I've ever met a girl. Yes, she was interested to me and even looked very enthusiastic. But then she was confused by my attitude that changed drastically. And finally she was offended when she found that I went to another girl.

I've ever met her again few years ago. She was very kind to me and it made me regret. No, no, I wasn't regret because I didn't marry her (she already married), but I regret because I've ever hurt a woman who actually good.

Actually that was caused by a little misunderstanding. But because in that time I had negative view on women, I saw her negatively and thought that she was not the right woman to be taken as wife. Yes, my negative view on women in that time made me accuse a good woman as a bad woman.

To be honest, if now I am very kind toward women, it's because I have learned from my mistakes toward women which I have done in my past.

It's very important for men to always have positive view toward women because with this positive view, a man still able to differentiate the right woman and the wrong woman, and can avoid a wrong woman without hurt her.

By the way, I must admit. In forgiving, women are far better than men. So, do not ever hurt the women. :)

Signor
11-03-2014, 06:54 AM
7 for 7

attachmentphp?attachmentid5386&ampstc1 -

Point 5 seems holding a cultural value but we can take it as "A man who is not in a pursuit of material gain for and/or after getting married"

Scimitar
11-03-2014, 02:09 PM
advocacy is an art, you played it well bro Signor :)

new2010
12-04-2014, 10:49 PM
Assalamualaikum,

any idea where I can get this book of Shaykh Ibn Uthaymeen (r.h) in PDF? Looked up in Google but wasn't able to find anything. Just very short research, but maybe one of you have a resource? Would help a lot of us.

fahmida25
12-21-2014, 06:36 AM
After knowing the 7 types of women I am really afraid that in which group I am in...? May Allah (SWT) forgive me and forgive all the Muslimah. :nervous:

Predator
12-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Speak to your potential wifey, speak to family (common saying - you marry the family as well as the girl), find out who she spends her time with (the friends you keep say a lot about the individual), find out how she spends her time, what she does, speak to neighbours, speak to your parents as they more wise than us - & hope for the best in sha Allah.
Parents and family members will back their daughter and neighbours will be told or paid to give false information. People try to put on their best behavior before marriage.

Covert Background checks have to be carried out in order to get the proper picture

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!