/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question About A Miracle

Curious1
09-14-2014, 05:18 AM
I'm new to this, and I apologize in advance if this is not the proper forum.

I was reading a really old (200 years old) French book and it mentioned the word "souad". I'll get to this later.

Curious about this word, I read further about the Miracle of the Mi'raj and followed that reading to yet another miracle. According to Hadith, the Angel Gabriel (as) came to The Prophet (saws) when he was a young boy and opened his chest. He took out a dark spot from The Prophet's (saws) heart, washed his heart with the water of Zam-Zam and put it back.

So back to the original word I saw, "souad". According to this old French book the word "souad" is the specific word for the dark spot the Angel Gabriel (as) removed from The Prophet's (saws) heart. I am almost 100% certain this word is incorrect, but I wonder if anyone would be kind enough to help me discover what the real word should be?

Thank you

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
09-14-2014, 04:34 PM
Hello Curious,

The Arabic word for black or blackness is sawaad. I suspect it's a transliteration of this. I have not heard of there being a specific name for this dark spot, but perhaps someone else has some knowledge which I do not.

I hope this helps.

May God Bless you in your search.

Signor
09-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Yes,Angel Gabriel (AS) lay Muhammad(SAAWS) down and removed his heart, which he then washed of its black blood-clot or the dark spot i.e the nucleus/tendency of sin in a man’s heart. This purification made it possible for Muhammad(SAAWS) to later receive God’s revelation and preach to the people.

Curious1
09-15-2014, 12:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Hello Curious,

The Arabic word for black or blackness is sawaad. I suspect it's a transliteration of this. I have not heard of there being a specific name for this dark spot, but perhaps someone else has some knowledge which I do not.

I hope this helps.

May God Bless you in your search.
Thank you MuslimInshallah, your answer is exactly right and much better than anything I was able to find. The French author of this book transliterated everything into French and he did a less-than-stellar job. He was also quite ignorant of his subject matter and it appears he was quite unwilling to learn. I truly appreciate your taking the time to answer!

Thank you, peace and blessings.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Curious1
09-15-2014, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
Yes,Angel Gabriel (AS) lay Muhammad(SAAWS) down and removed his heart, which he then washed of its black blood-clot or the dark spot i.e the nucleus/tendency of sin in a man’s heart. This purification made it possible for Muhammad(SAAWS) to later receive God’s revelation and preach to the people.
Thank you for the additional clarifications Signor, your response is appreciated and helpful to my understanding.

Thank you, peace and blessings.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!