/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational STory

Muslim Woman
09-16-2014, 08:14 AM
:sl:

An Inspirational true story happened to a Qur’aan teacher in Egypt & narrated by her colleague to her students.

A Qur’aan teacher always advised her students to live by this verse:

وَعَجِلْتُ إِلَيْكَ رَبِّ لِتَرْضَى

“And I hastened to You, O my Lord, that You might be pleased.” [Surah Taha, v:84]

She told them, “This aayah is what moves me. When I hear the Adhaan and I’m occupied and in the middle of something, I remind myself of this aayah and so I get up to pray.”

“When my alarm goes off at 2:00 am (Tahajjud) and I want to go back to sleep I remember: “and I hastened to You, O my Lord, that You might be pleased” and so I get up.

Her husband had the following arrangement with her: on his way home from work he would call her so she would get the food hot and ready; so he could come home and eat & sleep.

One day he asked her to make Mahshi (stuffed grape leaves with rice – very time consuming. You wrap each of them one by one and put the pot on the stove after to cook). She had 3 more to wrap before putting it on the stove to cook.

But the Adhaan came in…So she left the 3 remaining grape-leaves (which would have taken her 5 minutes) and went to pray.
Her husband kept calling and calling but there was no answer. He came home and found her in Sujood and food not ready. He saw there were only 3 grape-leaves left to wrap before putting on stove.

So he was upset & said:

“You could have just finished them & put the pot to cook then pray!”

No response.

He went to her to discover she had died in her Sujood!

SubhaanAllaah, had she waited like any of us to “finish what is in her hand”, she would have died in the kitchen! But a person dies upon what they lived on and by, and are resurrected on what they died on.

Prophet SallAllaahu Alayhi wa Sallam said : “‘Every person will be resurrected in the manner he dies.’” Narrated by Muslim, 2878
Resolution:

Let’s make a resolution:

*For sisters, leave everything, get up & pray as soon as the adhaan calls in, [maximum after 20 minutes (iqaamah time)]

Abdullaah narrated: “I asked the Prophet SallAllaahu Alayhi wa Sallam: “Which deed is the dearest to Allaah?”

He replied, “To offer the prayers at their early stated fixed times.” Saheeh Bukhaari
*For brothers, as soon as you hear the Adhaan, do wudoo’ & go to the Masjid.
keep reminding yourself:

وَعَجِلْتُ إِلَيْكَ رَبِّ لِتَرْضَى
“and I hastened to You, O my Lord, that You might be pleased.”

* True story shared by a sister, who also suggested the resolution. May Allaah accept it from her and may it be a source of sadaqah-e-Jaariyah for her. and me Aameen

This is the more reason why we should stand up to Allah's call and surely He will be pleased with us.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
09-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Thank you for the post!

I have never hastened towards Allah. He has, after all, given us a time frame to perform. And always it is the intention to do the solat and then doing it that I looked at. Never the intention to hasten (except Friday prayers);D

Peace :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!