Muslim Woman
09-17-2014, 08:55 AM
:sl:

a related fatwa :

Fatwa No : 136459
Fasting of a woman who attains purity before 40 days after giving birth
Fatwa Date : Rajab 13, 1431 / 24-6-2010

Question

Should a woman who is in post-partum bleeding fast if she attains purity before the completion of forty days?

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu 'alyhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen

said: "Yes. As soon as a woman who has post-partum bleeding attains purity, even if that is before the completion of forty days, she should fast, if it is the month of Ramadhaan. She should also pray and it would be permissible for her husband to have sexual intercourse with her as she is pure and there is nothing that would then forbid her from fasting, praying or having sexual intercourse."

Allaah Knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!