/* */

PDA

View Full Version : No Hajj visas… can't go this year, after all

MuslimInshallah
09-17-2014, 04:34 PM
Assalaamu alaikum my dear brothers and sisters in Islam (and all those who are curious about Islam),

My Hajj group leader phoned this morning with some disappointing news: our passports have been returned with no visas...

Apparently 1500 people with our travel company alone have been turned down. It seems to have something to do with the construction going on in Mecca.

It is disappointing, but I know that everything that Allah Wills is best for me. And to be honest, I've been battling with influenza this past week, and have had to start an antibiotic to combat a secondary bacterial infection. I feel really tired.

We don't always know or understand why Allah Decrees what He Does, but I must say that in this instance, I feel like He's Looking after me. So while I am disappointed that I cannot go, I am also relieved that I will have time to heal.

(smile) So, future reader who may be planning his or her own Hajj, I wish you well, and pray that you may attain your goal that you have undertaken in order to please The Compassionate.

But while we make our plans, and we try our best... in the end, we must always remember to say: inshallah. Because what we think is best, and what He Knows is best, may not be the same, even for such things as filling our obligations to Him.

(smile) And if anyone out there can spare a moment for a quick du'a (prayer)... perhaps you could ask that God Help me to fulfil my Hajj in some future year… inshallah (if God Wills).

May Allah Bless and Reward you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
09-17-2014, 06:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

May Allah grant your intentions the reward of Hajj, and may He also make Hajj easily accessible to you and all Muslims someday soon ameen.

fi amanillah
w'salaam

.muslim girl.
09-17-2014, 08:18 PM
وَعَلَيْكُمُ الْسَلَاْمُ وَرَحْمَةُ الله وَبَرَكَاْتُهُ

i'll make du'aa for you my brother

يَاْ رَبُ يَاْ رَحْمَنُ يَاْ رَحْيْمُ يَسْرْ لِأَخْيْ الْمُسْلِمْ فِيْ الْحَجْ
آمِيْنْ

say amen :)

ardianto
09-18-2014, 05:17 PM
Assalamualaikum.

I am sorry to hear that, sister. I know you feel disappointed because you can't go hajj this year. But, like people said, human can make a plan, but Allah determines what will happen.

I hope you can accept what Allah has determines for you. And may Allah give you easiness to go hajj next year.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuslimInshallah
09-18-2014, 09:40 PM
Wa alaikum assalaam wa ramatullahi wa barakaatuh,

Thank you so much for your kind replies! You are such nice people.

And I have a beautiful story to share with you, that reinforces how everything is in His Hands.

I have a really nice friend, a Native Canadian revert, who works really hard in her local masjid, organizing social events for the ladies and doing a lot of dawah work. She's a single mother and has some challenges to deal with. Well, she was phoned up late last week and asked if she could travel almost immediately. So she rushed to get her passport and papers together, and just got her vaccines today… and she's been given a free Hajj by one of the embassies around here!

Really, I can't think of anyone who deserves it more, subhanallah.

(smile) So whether we go or not, is really not in our hands. We make our efforts, but in the end, only Allah Choses. And truly, only He Knows.

InToTheRain
09-30-2014, 09:35 PM
:salam: Dear Sister

I just saw your location so my post was irrelevant :(

MuslimInshallah
12-24-2014, 01:35 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I just wanted to add a happy postscript. I was offered a free Umrah by one of the local masaajid... and we got our visas!

(sparkle) So, inshallah, we'll be going in a couple of days!!!

All thanks and praise to the Lord of Majesty and Generosity!

The-Deist
01-08-2015, 10:23 PM
MashaAllah TabarakaAllah sister congratulations on getting to go there
May Allah (swt) accept you Umrah and increase you in your Iman reward you immensely
Aameen

Quddos
02-16-2015, 02:07 PM
Don't worry brother. You will go one day.

Afifa
02-16-2015, 10:26 PM
:sl:

Ma'shallah, it's great to hear you'll be able to go for umrah this year!

There are still some problems with visa's due to the construction work going on. We are planning to go in Ramadhan In'shallah but visas are only being given for 2 weeks. It's understandable with the amount of work going on to extend masjid-e-ha'ram, it would just be unsafe if there were loads of people there.

May Allah grant us all numerous oppurtinities to go perform Hajj and Umrah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!