/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Protection From Dajjal hadith

rocco
10-02-2014, 03:11 PM
First 10 or last 10 Ayaat of Surah Kahf:
Sahih Muslim: Book 004, Number 1766:
Abu Darda' reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: If anyone
learns by heart the first ten verses of the Surah al-Kahf, he will be protected from
the Dajjal.
Sahih Muslim: Book 004, Number 1767:
This hadith has been transmitted by Qatada with the same chain of transmitters. But
Shu'ba (one of the narrators) said: At the end of Surah al-Kahf, but Hammam
said: At the beginning of Surah al-Kahf.
Note: Muslim has mentioned the situation himself. To my knowledge, he didn’t say who
is right and who is wrong, but I may be wrong.

Who is more trustworthy & with a better memory in between Shu'ba or Hammam? Who is more reliable between the two?

And which of the two hadith are stronger?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-03-2014, 01:53 AM
:sl:

Very interesting question. I wish I was qualified to give an answer, but I am not.

This is a question best suited for a Recognized Scholar proficient in the science of Ahadith to answer.

Inshallah, one of the members is aware of a fatwa regarding this.

For the safety of not making an error I suggest that no one give an opinion, but instead give a link to Fatwas that have addressed this.

Ishaaq
10-04-2014, 11:54 AM
There is no inconsistency between the two versions of the Hadith. The fact is that it is advised to memorize both the first ten Ayaat and last ten Ayaat of Surah al-Kahf. They deal with the same subject matter and both versions are authentically attributed to our Prophet (alayhis salaam).

Therefore, since both versions are not mutually exclusive, in this way the Ulama who explain it have made Tatbeeq of both versions and come to the conclusion that it is advised to memorize both the first and last ten Ayaat of Surah al-Kahf as a means of protection from the Dajjal.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!