/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qurbanis In India - Turmoil In Dabhel

hisnameiszzz
10-13-2014, 05:55 PM
Salaams all.

I posted recently about Law Of Islam V Law Of The Land.

I now have a different question. India is a Hindu country and Hindu's believe the COW to be sacred. Over the last fortnight, there has been a lot of turmoil in my parent's home village of DABHEL in India. Slaughtering cows is strictly prohibited in that village and the Police crack down when it is time for Qurbani which is understandable as they believe the cow is sacred. The Police made some checks and found that the Muslims were slaughtering cows, so they told them to stop. The Muslims went on a rampage and beat up a few Policemen (one is in a critical condition in hospital), so the Police have now arrested loads of men from that village.

If you were in that village in India, would you have slaughtered the cows or would you have followed the law of the land? Surely, they could have gone to another village where the rules are not as strict. I know they do a lot Qurbanis in other parts such as Bharuch and Baroda etc. I know life is not all black and white, and it's not all about right and wrong. Personally, I feel the Muslims in that village are giving themselves a bad name and there will be repercussions in the months and years to come.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
10-13-2014, 06:14 PM
Salaam

Why must they sacrifice cow for qurbani if they could sacrifice lamb/goat or camel?.

Tell them to not provoke the Hindus with sacrifice cows.

hisnameiszzz
10-13-2014, 06:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Salaam

Why must they sacrifice cow for qurbani if they could sacrifice lamb/goat or camel?.

Tell them to not provoke the Hindus with sacrifice cows.
Maybe because cows are cheaper there or more abundant. I am not sure they have camels in India, I could be wrong.

I think it's too late, they have provoked the Hindus. Modhee is the Prime Minister there now and we all know what a **** he is. I hope the holy Masjid in Dabhel won't get affected by this.

ardianto
10-13-2014, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Maybe because cows are cheaper there or more abundant. I am not sure they have camels in India, I could be wrong.
There are camels in India, although not for consumed as meat. But how about goats or lambs?

I think it's too late, they have provoked the Hindus. Modhee is the Prime Minister there now and we all know what a **** he is. I hope the holy Masjid in Dabhel won't get affected by this.
Hopefully Nawaz Sharif could give Indian Muslims place in refugee camps if something bad happen. :heated:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
10-13-2014, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
There are camels in India, although not for consumed as meat. But how about goats or lambs?

Hopefully Nawaz Sharif could give Indian Muslims place in refugee camps if something bad happen. :heated:
I was talking to my Mom and she said cows are super cheap over there, plus you get 7 parts of a Qurbani in a cow, and only 1 in a sheep/lamb.

I don't think it will get as bad as refugee camps, but I reckon there will be consequences because the Police got beaten up.

Scimitar
10-13-2014, 10:51 PM
its basically against the law to kill a cow in the state of Gujarat in India. As Muslims, we MUST obey the law of the land unless it conflicts with our religion - in this case there is no conflict, and the Indian Muslims who beat up the police officers need to be taken to court. They did wrong!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!