/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Quran : bad interpretations

Ahmed900
10-27-2014, 09:46 PM
Salam Aleycom everybody, that is my question :

In this verse, it is say that we must suffer like the former people to go to Heaven :
2:214. Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!

And here, an invocation (dur'a) for protect us to not suffer like ther former people :
2:286. Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Suppor-ter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."
​?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
10-28-2014, 03:55 AM
Salaams,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what it is you are really trying to say here, 'Bad interpretations'?

We know that life is a test for us and that Allah has said He will not test a person more than he can bear. So we will be tested and it won't be more than we could bear. After all, everyone in the past has been tested, why should we be any different?

However, there are dua(s) we can recite to have Allah's mercy on us so that we may be able to bear it better. But tested, we shall be. Not sure about where you find the bad interpretation.

Wishing you a pleasant stay here.

Peace:shade:

Scimitar
10-28-2014, 04:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed900
Salam Aleycom everybody, that is my question :

In this verse, it is say that we must suffer like the former people to go to Heaven :
2:214. Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, "When (will come) the Help of Allah?" Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!

And here, an invocation (dur'a) for protect us to not suffer like ther former people :
2:286. Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned. "Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians); our Lord! Put not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear. Pardon us and grant us Forgiveness. Have mercy on us. You are our Maula (Patron, Suppor-ter and Protector, etc.) and give us victory over the disbelieving people."
​?

Assalaam alaikum Ahmed,

your question is not one of interpretation, but one of "context" - and you've gotten the contexts skewed. I'd advise reading the Quran with tafsir or sitting with a scholar bro.

Scimi

Ahmed900
10-28-2014, 12:25 PM
Assalmou Aleycom

Thanks for you answers, it enlightens me a little, I also read tasfir on that and it said that the context is war, maybe it is related to the conditions of war because the muslims suffered and lost hope, i think it's that.

I still have this idea that the 2 verses contredicts himselves because the one said that : "How we can go to Paradis without suffer like the former people" et the second "Protect us that suffer like the former people". Sorry to repeat myself :/

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
syed_z
10-28-2014, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmed900
Assalmou Aleycom

Thanks for you answers, it enlightens me a little, I also read tasfir on that and it said that the context is war, maybe it is related to the conditions of war because the muslims suffered and lost hope, i think it's that.

I still have this idea that the 2 verses contredicts himselves because the one said that : "How we can go to Paradis without suffer like the former people" et the second "Protect us that suffer like the former people". Sorry to repeat myself :/

Wa Alaikum Salaam....

There's no contradiction, what it means is as in Verse 2:286 that Allah (swt) burdens not a person beyond his scope, which obviously means there would be burdened but not as much as it would be unbearable for them. So there would be tests like the previous nations but not so great that they become unbearable. The Verse 2:214 is there in the Quran to give emotional strength to the believers of all times while they face any sort of trial that even the previous nations were tried so be steadfast.

By the way the Verse 2:286 was revealed due to Verse 2:284, because when the following part in 284 was revealed:

And whether you disclose what is in yourselves or conceal it, Allah will call you to account for it.

This worried the Companions and they thought they would be even questioned for their thoughts, wrong thoughts that occur sometimes due to weak human nature. And So Allah (swt) declared in 286:

Allah burdens not a person beyond his scope. He gets reward for what he's earned and he is punished for what he's earned.

And So Allah (swt) made it clear that he won't judge them for thoughts unless they turn them in to actions.

As for the Dua in Verse 2:286"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error, our Lord! Lay not on us a burden like that which You did lay on those before us (Jews and Christians)

This Dua relates to the Law which was tougher than Islamic Shariah, the Shariah given to the Jews. The Dua was accepted by Allah (swt) and he gave a law to Muslims much easier than the one given to previous nations.

(The reference for the above is Tafsir of Imam Ibn Kathir)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!