/* */

PDA

View Full Version : men and women praying differently?

abigail465
10-29-2014, 03:42 PM
Hi everyone, i was wondering do men and women pray differntly? i keep seeing all different things, im a new convert and finding praying very hard but i think ive been doing it wrong :(

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
10-29-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi Abigail

Feel free to visit this website it has a section for new muslims http://www.kalamullah.com/new-muslims.html

You can download e-books and read articles - There's also a section for women and includes teachings related to Prayers/Salaah.

Welcome to Islam i hope you find the answers you are looking for and find peace Ameen

greenhill
10-29-2014, 10:13 PM
Salaams,

Congratulations !

I don't see too much difference between the two. Of course I'm not taught to pray for women, but what I see physical difference is it the way the takbir is done - the Allahu akbar bit, men raise their hands to their ears and women to the chest level..

Peace :shade:

MuslimInshallah
10-30-2014, 01:44 AM
Assalaamu alaikum Abigail,

Welcome to the Forum, and (smile) welcome to Islam!

Actually, there are small differences in how people do the prayers between people of different Schools of Islamic Thought. People from different countries can follow different Schools of Thought, so you'll see regional variations. There are also differences between men and women. The amount of this difference depends on …(smile) you've guessed it! Different Schools of Thought...

I started with a method I found in a book. It was the way Pakistanis do it. But later, I was around Arabs more, so I picked up their way. And then with Chechens… (smile) Let's just say, do what you feel comfortable with and learn as you go along. Allah Looks at your intentions and efforts. (smile) He's a lot more Forgiving and Gentle than we humans (fortunately!!!).

May Allah, the Kind, Help you in your struggle towards Him.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Signor
10-30-2014, 06:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by abigail465
Hi everyone, i was wondering do men and women pray differntly? i keep seeing all different things, im a new convert and finding praying very hard but i think ive been doing it wrong
Assalamu Alaykum Like others have said,there is no major difference between prayers of men and women,the little lies is because school of thought one follows.
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
It was the way Pakistanis do it. But later, I was around Arabs more, so I picked up their way. And then with Chechens…
There is nothing like "the way Pakistanis do it",Its Hanafi madhab which they follow.For Arabs it could be Shafi'i,Maliki or Hanbali,depending upon on the region you are living in.Similarly,Overwhelming majority of Shafi'i adherents can be found in Chechnya....(Please take no offense Sis Muslim InshaAllah,I don't meant to be rude in my post) Abigail,I personally believe matters of fiqh won't solve your problem.If you do feel comfortable,may I ask how you perform prayers and what you found difficult? Will try to help,Insha Allah

Muslim Woman
10-30-2014, 06:42 AM
:sl:

sis , Welcome to Islam . There are choices - u may pray like men or u may follow the opinion that there are some minor differences in salat between men & women. Don't worry about committing mistakes ; don't let Devil stay u away from worshipping Allah.

A reminder : A Muslim on his knees and hands is stronger than a king on his throne, because we have the attention of the King of all kings. —

MuslimInshallah
10-30-2014, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Signor
(Please take no offense Sis Muslim InshaAllah,I don't meant to be rude in my post)
Assalaamu alaikum Signor and everyone,

(smile) No offence taken. I rather meant what you wrote, but perhaps I was not clear. Thank you for clarifying it so nicely. I was trying to answer in a way that would be comfortable for Abigail. When you are new to Islam, all the new terminology and things to learn can be pretty overwhelming.

(smile) I was reminded of a beautiful story, that I would like to share with you all.

I met a man in his 70's in rural Nova Scotia, Canada about 11 years ago. He saw me in the market, and approached me because I wear a headscarf. I got to know him a little before he died.

When he was young man (and remember, Islam was very unknown in that time and place), he found a copy of Yusuf Ali's English translation of the Qur'an. He read it with interest, and decided he was a Muslim. Then he told his young wife about what he had read, and she decided she was a Muslim, too. But they had a problem: they didn't know how to pray, but they felt they ought to do something. So they decided that when they went to bed, that they would lie down and hold hands and recite the Fatiha (the first surah in the Qur'an; it means "the Opening") before going to sleep.

(smile) And this is what they did. And, slowly, slowly, over time, they learnt more about Islam, and they finally met an Egyptian diplomat while travelling, who gave them a prayer rug and taught them how to pray.

I was at this man's funeral. Oh, you should have seen how loved he was in his tiny community! They knew he was Muslim, and they respected him so much, because he was a very kindly and sincere man.

(smile) Do you think, Abigail, that Allah did not Love this young couple when they prayed to him in bed?

(smile) So don't worry. We all had to learn to walk with tottering steps. No one expects a child new to this world to be able to dance.

May God, our Loving Creator, Bless all those who sincerely strive towards Him.

Muna Abdelsalam
12-02-2015, 01:22 AM
as salamu-Alaikum,

I learned the prayer from my friend and her mother after my conversion in Egypt. I actually had/have to idea what school they belong to. I once asked her and she answered she is not sticking to one. I trust her because she is not only a firm experiences believer but a great and honest person. That is enough for me so far.

we have to trust, that ALLAH knows our true intentions during prayer. If we strive to do our best but nevertheless we make mistakes, he will forgive us.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!