/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Trust Me, I'm A Doctor

BeTheChange
11-04-2014, 09:28 PM
Asalamualykum everyone hope your all in the best of health in sha Allah.

Is anyone watching the documentary on iplayer?

Below is the link to watch the documentary.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...es-2-episode-1

Series 2: Episode 1

Can we eat the same food and still lose weight? In a world first, Dr Chris van Tulleken discovers how to make some of our favourite meals healthier without changing a single ingredient. Medical journalist Michael Mosley finds out why getting more sun on our skin can actually be good for us. Surgeon Gabriel Weston travels to the US to witness a remarkable surgical procedure that's helping the paralysed to regain movement. Also, GPs can prescribe acupuncture on the NHS but does it work? Dr Salehya Ahsan looks at the evidence for this controversial treatment.

Series 2: Episode 2

Can foods be as potent as medicines? It's claimed garlic, beetroot and watermelon can all reduce our blood pressure - but what's the truth? Dr Chris van Tulleken investigates.
Medical journalist Michael Mosley quizzes leading experts to discover if sugar really is a toxin. Dr Saleyha Ahsan dispels some popular myths about treating burns and surgeon Gabriel Weston travels to Russia to witness a controversial operation where stems cells are being used to rebuild organs.

Series 2: Episode 3

Does caffeine really help us to stay alert and what are the alternatives? In this programme some surprising ways to boost our brains are put to the test.
Also medical journalist Michael Mosley examines the growing trend for electronic cigarettes and asks if they are safe. Dr Chris van Tulleken investigates if household chores can count as exercise. Dr Saleyha Ahsan gives first-aid tips on how to treat someone suffering from hypothermia and surgeon Gabriel Weston sees life-saving surgery that involves removing all the blood from a patient's body.

I found episode 2 really interesting when the doc revealed if you warm food, leave to cool and then re-heat and eat after it's cooled down this would change the food particles and we would process less or low fat as a result. Also the op the polish dude had was amazing. From being legless to gradually having the ability to walk all because of cells rebuilding themselves amaaaazing what science can do these days!. Feel free to watch and share your views.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
OmAbdullah
11-05-2014, 04:24 AM
Certainly, garlic Is anti hypertensive. it also detoxifies some toxic agents which affect the intra cerebral spaces. turmeric is excellent antibiotic in case of skin wounds. it is also anti fungal and anthelmintic.

fatimataybia46
11-05-2014, 09:14 AM
I confirm your statement. There are many advantages of garlic like mentioned above.

ahsankhan
11-05-2014, 01:14 PM
agree with both of you above. shukran

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
11-05-2014, 04:38 PM
lets all agree whooohoooo - :D sheesh.

BeTheChange
11-05-2014, 09:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
lets all agree whooohoooo - :D sheesh.

Scimitar your a funny brother. Alhamdulilah. :-)

Also, i can't rep you anymore i have to spread some before repping :-(

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!