/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Disabling email notifications

BeTheChange
11-13-2014, 08:27 PM
Asalamualykum everyone

Hope your all well. :statisfie

I am trying to un-subscribe and stop any emails when i post on a thread or create a thread. I have gone into my profile settings and clicked on don't receive emails on every single question but i am still bombarded with many email notifications advising me this member has commented on this thread (where i post)

Any ideas how i can stop this?

p.s i've never received so many emails in my life and there was me thinking i was popular and wanted lol (joking) :D

Jazahka Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Insaanah
11-13-2014, 08:37 PM
:wasalam: sister

Click settings at the top right of the screen, then General Settings from the left hand panel, and under Messaging and Notification, there's a bit called Default Thread Subscription Mode. Change this via the drop-down menu to either "do not subscribe" if you do not want to be made aware of any new replies at all, or "Through my control panel only", which means you can go into settings and the title of the thread will appear there if new replies have been made. Then scroll all the way to the bottom of the page and click "save changes".

Have you done all of this and it's still not working?

ahsankhan
11-13-2014, 09:30 PM
worked for me, try it again just as the sister mentioned, shukran

BeTheChange
11-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Under Default Thread Subscription Mode: i have selected Do not subscribe

Under Email Notification of New Private Messages: i have selected - Don't receive Email Notification of new Private Messages

Under New Private Message Notification Pop-up: i have selected - Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up

I clicked on save changes but still getting notifications on emails. Shall it try changing it to Through my control panel only?

Jazahka Allah :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
11-16-2014, 04:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fighting Nafs
Shall it try changing it to Through my control panel only?
Yes, try that and see what happens, and then let us know if it's still not working.

:jz:

AabiruSabeel
11-17-2014, 01:30 PM
It is possible that you were receiving email notifications for the thread on which you were subscribed before you changed the settings. Changing the settings will only affect new threads and they will not automatically delete old subscriptions.

To delete old subscriptions, go to your UserCP, click on Subscriptions, select all threads, scroll down and select Delete Subscriptions from the drop-down menu. I have deleted your subscriptions from the AdminCP.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!