/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Member - Non-Religious Person Feeling drawn to Islam.

Leah
12-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Hello. I am a 32 year old American woman who is interested in Islam. I have been
non-religious all my life but at my job there is a Muslim woman and talking with
her has made me interested in Islam.

I have been reading about Islam and reading about people's experiences with
conversion. I have purchased a Quran and I try to read a little from it everyday.

I am hoping I can learn what others get from Islam to better understand my own feelings.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
12-24-2014, 08:55 PM
Hey Leah

Peace be upon you. Hope your well.

It's great to hear your interested in Islam and am glad you have challenged the mainstream attitude and views and are researching Islam yourself. It's the best way forward in everything in life. This is an amazing forum i use it even though i was born as a Muslim (Alhamdulilah - All praise is to Allah) i still feel the need to refresh my faith everyday. That's part of the faith as well. Improving one's character, good deeds, striving and being a better human being in all.

Am sure you will find this forum extremely useful and not only that you will have a deep insight into our way of thinking and views. It's great to see you've purchased your own copy of the Quraan but i believe you also need a good islamic teacher with you who can translate the meaning and interpret the words into context.

If you need any information i would strongly advise you to visit this forum http://www.kalamullah.com/ and click on new muslims. You can download online material for free and read in your own time.

I hope you reach a decision which pleases Allah (God) and yourself. Wishing you all the best & more.

Hulk
12-24-2014, 09:22 PM
Greetings Leah and welcome to the forum. Feel free to start a topic if you'd like.

Nájlá
12-24-2014, 10:59 PM
Peace be upon you. Welcome to the forum Leah, I hope you enjoy your time here.

if you have any concerns/questions feel free to ask and hopefully someone with knowledge will answer you.

:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muhammad
12-25-2014, 12:15 AM
Greetings Leah and welcome to the forum,

The following threads and posts might be of interest to you:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...ts-muslim.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...-yourself.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ml#post1557675

May Allaah guide you in your journey to find the truth, Aameen.

greenhill
12-25-2014, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Nice introduction. I hope you will have a fulfilling stay here.

:peace:

aflawedbeing
12-25-2014, 02:57 AM
Asalaamu alaykum Leah.
I know how you feel, as prior to my Shahada, I was much the same. I'd never placed much serious stock in any religion/religious views. But as I delved deeper and deeper into my research (independantly) of Islam I felt more and more drawn to it. Alhamdulillah. It all seems so long ago now.

If you need anything, I'm sure anyone and everyone here'd be more than overjoyed to help.

فصيح الياسين
01-01-2015, 04:33 AM
Walaikumusalam

ummAbdillah
01-02-2015, 12:44 PM
Salam Leah.

I hope that you find your stay here beneficial. May Allah bless you in your search.

Aisha

The-Deist
01-10-2015, 12:02 PM
I hope you will get more interested and knowleadgeable in Islam
May Allah (swt) guide all of us
Aameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!