/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wudu before we sleep

greenhill
12-28-2014, 02:18 PM
I have read several times that it is recommended that we take wudu before we go to sleep. I've also read that the holy prophet pbuh, did it.

I like hugging my wife as I sleep or she hugs me. . . I'm confused. My wudu is instantly 'cancelled' as soon as I hug her when my skin touches her skin. . . :hmm:

Any thoughts?

:peace:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Lisa921
12-28-2014, 08:03 PM
It will still have some benefits to make wudu insha allah
even if only practical ones
peace

Iceee
12-29-2014, 03:12 AM
Salaam.

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I have read several times that it is recommended that we take wudu before we go to sleep. I've also read that the holy prophet pbuh, did it.
You are correct:

A hadeeth was narrated to this effect, in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you go to bed, do wudoo’ as for prayer.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 247; Muslim 2710).

Al-Nawawi said: if a person has wudoo’, that is sufficient for him, because the point is to go to sleep having wudoo’, lest he die in his sleep, and so that he dreams will be more true, and so that the Shaytaan will be less likely to play with his dreams and terrify him.

Rasul Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “Purify these bodies of yours and Allah will purify you. There is no slave who spends the night in a state of purity but that an angel remains close to him. He does not pass an hour of the night without saying, ‘O Allah, forgive your slave. He spent the night in a state of purity.’” [Tabarani in Al-Awsat]

The virtue of getting into bed in a state of wudu' is great. It is stated in hadith-i sharifs:

(Whoever retires to his bed in a state of wudu', an angel supplicates all night long, "O my Lord, forgive this slave of Yours.") [Hakim]

(He who goes to bed in a state of wudu' and starts sleeping by making remembrance of Allahu ta'ala is considered to be performing salat until he wakes up. An angel does acts of worship for him. If he makes remembrance of Allahu ta'ala when he wakes up too, that angel supplicates Allah to forgive him.) [Ibn Hibban]

(He who goes to bed in a state of wudu' is similar to one who worships at night and fasts in the daytime.) [Daylami]

(A person who retires to bed in a state of wudu' will become a martyr if he dies at night.) [Ibn Sunni]

format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
I like hugging my wife as I sleep or she hugs me. . . I'm confused. My wudu is instantly 'cancelled' as soon as I hug her when my skin touches her skin. . .

This is where I think our opinion differs. I think you should talk to someone with greater knowledge about this. From my own knowledge, you are allowed to touch your spouse and you wudu stays.

What my Mom always said was that we should renew wudu after sleeping. This is because you might release gas during the night without knowledge, even if it's a quick nap.

Here are some links that might help: http://islamqa.info/en/769
http://www.fatwaislam.com/fis/index.cfm?scn=fd&ID=465
http://www.islamawareness.net/Wudu/fatwa_touching.html

<font color="#ff0000"><strong><a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7G7ju6Saec" target="_blank">
Again, please console an Imam or scholar. Inshallah they will give the best ruling.

Salaam.

greenhill
12-29-2014, 03:40 PM
Thank you Lisa921 and Icee.

It was only when I got married that there was a ceremony to 'annul' the wudu when I put the wedding ring on my newly wedded wife that I became aware of this. It kind of surprised me. I questioned it afterwards and the answer given was that I can marry her, hence it annuls it. I never really questioned it thereafter. But, having read about wudu and sleep several times it made me wonder.

I will have a look at the links.

Jazakallah khair.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
فصيح الياسين
01-05-2015, 03:24 PM
GOOD sunnah keep it perform. And touchibg wife keep ur wudu according to hanfi's but i dont know about what imam shafi R.A said

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!