/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol in Cooking

butterflykisses
01-06-2015, 06:52 PM
I realize that anything that intoxicates you in large portions/your arent supposed to eat in small.

I couldnt find anything on the Dar al Ifta website about this so Im just curious what peoples opinions/thoughts are...

Cooking is a hobbie of mine and so I know that when alcohol IS incorporated in cooking its cooked down and doesnt have an "intoxicating" effect to it. The alcohol is cooked off basically.

Is alcohol in cooking ok? Id like to state I dont use alcohol now and not sure if I ever would...but Im just curious about what peoples thoughts are or if anyone can give me some insight into this topic??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
فصيح الياسين
01-07-2015, 06:53 AM
Ask frm mufti. Cuz alcohls are of different due to their different process of creation

greenhill
01-07-2015, 09:11 AM
There was a thread on this topic about a year ago.. if I can remember it, not all the alcohol evaporated when it is cooked.

Do look it up

:peace:

YusufNoor
01-07-2015, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by butterflykisses
I realize that anything that intoxicates you in large portions/your arent supposed to eat in small.

I couldnt find anything on the Dar al Ifta website about this so Im just curious what peoples opinions/thoughts are...

Cooking is a hobbie of mine and so I know that when alcohol IS incorporated in cooking its cooked down and doesnt have an "intoxicating" effect to it. The alcohol is cooked off basically.

Is alcohol in cooking ok? Id like to state I dont use alcohol now and not sure if I ever would...but Im just curious about what peoples thoughts are or if anyone can give me some insight into this topic??
it's not halal to purchase and use. but don't worry, i was a chef. a great substitute is martinelli's! you can use apple for white wine. they have some darker flavors you can use for red. wine is made from fruit, just use the fruit juice.

masalama

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
01-07-2015, 12:00 PM
Assalaamu alaikum sister butterflykisses, and a belated welcome to the forum and also of course, welcome to Islam : )

We've had this question asked before, and I found a couple of the responses that were posted then, which you might find helpful:

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...tml#post153599

http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post2833939

May Allah keep you steadfast and make all good things easy for you, ameen.

butterflykisses
01-09-2015, 03:54 PM
Shokran! :)

The-Deist
01-09-2015, 05:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by butterflykisses
Shokran! :)
JazakaAllahu khair is better sister :D

crimsontide06
01-11-2015, 12:05 AM
Since we are on this subject, no need for me to make another thread...how about Vanilla Extract for cakes?

Also, is it ok to use mouthwash since you basically spit it out?

Muhammad
01-11-2015, 12:08 AM
:salamext:

I think you can get alcohol-free vanilla extract.

crimsontide06
01-11-2015, 12:34 AM
thank you

MuslimInshallah
01-11-2015, 04:22 AM
Assalaamu alaikum crimson,

You can find alcohol-free vanilla extract (independant health food stores seem to be better places to find this. If ever they don't have it on the shelves, ask for it), and also vanilla sugar. You can also make your own vanilla sugar by leaving a largish well-sealed container of sugar (say, a couple of kilos of sugar can be used) with a vanilla bean inside it for a couple of months. The best vanilla beans are to be found in health food stores. (I have substituted vanilla sugar for extract, in equal amounts. That is, one teaspoon of vanilla sugar for 1 teaspoon of extract)

As for mouthwash… you know, these aren't terrifically good for you. The alcohol is irritating to your mouth. If you have breath issues, floss and brush well, and go to your dentist. Cavities can also be a source of unpleasant door. Dental hygiene often clears up breath issues. However, if they persist in spite of good oral health, see a doctor. There are certain health conditions that can affect your breath. (smile) Basically, you don't need mouthwashes.

May Allah, the Aware, Bless you for your efforts to please Him.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!