/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 1x7x100 = 700

greenhill
01-21-2015, 02:46 AM
Salaams.

Whilst replying to a thread a thought occurred to me and I suppose the recent thread by Musliminshaallah about the 'Glimpse of Paradise' pushed the thought process a bit further. It centers around this ayat.

Sahih International
The example of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allah is like a seed [of grain] which grows seven spikes; in each spike is a hundred grains. And Allah multiplies [His reward] for whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing. (2:261)

Somehow I was using a fruit as an analogy for that thread where the 'flesh of the fruit' offers immediate relief (i.e. from hunger) and the seeds are actually useless for this purpose... (but I didn't include the analogy in the reply):D

Yet after eating the fruit, it is finished and you will have to look again for the next meal. The seeds, however, does nothing to satisfy your immediate needs but once planted and cared for, it will provide fruits for a foreseeable future and that once it starts to bear fruits, you will not go hungry..

Although technically we could enjoy both, eat the fruit and plant the seeds for the future, I suppose the parable of the ' 7 spikes each with 100 grains' might refer to a choice of whether we eat the fruit or plant the seeds when faced with a hard decision on the performance of a deed. It comes as a package, both flesh and seed. Most would probably eat their fill and then decide to invest for the future by planting the excess. But what if there were no excess? I realized that I fall into the category of this who will eat their fill and then invest the excess.

It has made me rethink my position.... and that I should be looking at finding a way to be able to constantly invest in my future and not to put too much emphasis on my current needs. That I should be perhaps take a bite and plant?

I'm still grappling with this and I don't think I have done a great job putting it down in writing the thoughts..... but the point is that although the fruit is a 'whole', different parts have different objectives. We only have to analyze and decide which objective(s) we want to secure for ourselves. Usually, it is to satisfy immediate needs and fail to recognize the potential in the future.

Reminder to self : the temptations of the flesh is very strong......plant the seed....plant the seed.... fast if I have to.... may I enjoy the sweetness of its harvest in the future....

Mmmmmm maybe I am reading too much into this.....:hmm:

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!