/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advertisements on IB

BeTheChange
02-04-2015, 10:55 PM
Asalamualykum

I have noticed that some of the advertisements on this forum isn't very appropriate.

I don't know if everyone can view the same content but on my forum i can see a game being promoted in the form of a cartoon and can see a half-naked woman in the game - there is also another ad where you can see a woman wearing tight leggings promoting gym clothes.

I don't know if i need to change my settings or if someone can ban these ad's on these forums?

Sorry for providing examples but needed to make you aware.

It's not very suitable imsad

Jazahka Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
02-04-2015, 11:02 PM
Here is a screen shot of one example

How do you get rid of these ad's?

attachmentphp?attachmentid5428&ampstc1 -

Scimitar
02-04-2015, 11:53 PM
google ad sense - whatever searches you do will reflect the adverts you will see.

Scimi

Abdullahh
02-05-2015, 01:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
google ad sense - whatever searches you do will reflect the adverts you will see.

Scimi
Correct. If you do not wish to see any ads, you can download Adblock Plus. It's what I use, it's free and no more annoying ads/pop ups anywhere online!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
02-05-2015, 05:38 AM
yeah, ad block + is pretty nifty :)

Scimi

BeTheChange
02-05-2015, 09:14 PM
I've never searched for online games or ladies gym wear so not sure why these silly ads are on this forum but never mind i'll download Adblock Plus

Jazahka Allah for recommendation - very much appreciated!

strivingobserver98
07-01-2015, 04:50 PM
Advertisements are disabled for full members who log in so it should be no problem any more. In the future we do plan to get rid of Google adsense and use Islamic clients only :ia:

BeTheChange
07-01-2015, 09:25 PM
Jazahka Allah! Very good to hear.

Lady A
07-03-2015, 12:53 PM
What is the reason to put Islamic ads on the forum? Do members have a say in wanting ads or not wanting ads? Can we take a poll?

I'm just not fond ads. :embarrass

Edit: I just used my common sense and downloaded adblock...it works :D

strivingobserver98
07-03-2015, 01:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady A
What is the reason to put Islamic ads on the forum? Do members have a say in wanting ads or not wanting ads? Can we take a poll?

I'm just not fond ads. :embarrass

Edit: I just used my common sense and downloaded adblock...it works :D
Google ads is disabled for you anyway. Ads are to keep the forum running and pay for annual costs [emoji106].

strivingobserver98
07-06-2015, 03:59 AM
There are some issues with having advertisement on first post. :ia: it will be disabled for full members.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!