/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of starting a forum..

Abdullahh
02-22-2015, 05:46 AM
:sl: I have been considering starting my own forum for several months now, and I'm going to make up my mind within the next 24 hours or so whether its a good idea or not. If I do create a forum it will be a general forum, where just about anything can be discussed as long as its respectful and tasteful. I've been a forum administrator and moderator of large forums (membership 10,000+), but I've never actually owned a forum. I know it will come with expenses, and it will be slow at first and naturally a lot of work. My question to you my brothers and sisters is do you think its a good idea/is it worth it, or will it take time away from more important things in my life as well as waste my money? I could really use some help deciding.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-22-2015, 07:34 AM
That is a hard question to answer.

It really depends on a lot of factors, largely your own personal ones. It will be your time and guidelines.

I used to work for people and bring in the sales. I thought if I could do that, I can start my own business. Being a successful salesperson does not guarantee that you will run a successful business. How different it is doing sales to running my own business.

:peace:

sister herb
02-22-2015, 08:36 AM
It would be good if you can find some others too with you to create new forum. You can get good ideas from them, you can share this extra work what the forum causes plus you might need some other´s technical knowledge (if you aren´t IT professional yourself).

I too have been admin/Super mod/mod in forums plus created few ones with friends and I know there is one thing you will get: a lot of work. :exhausted

One of the biggest problem with new forums is that they are new and they are small ones. One solution to this is sometimes to merge the small forums together. I made this too before (two small islamic forums). But this is matter you don´t need to think in the first hand.

I wish you luck any ways.

:statisfie

strivingobserver98
09-20-2015, 12:16 AM
Before in 2005 every single forum was so active. Now in 2015 with the rise of social media and many other factors.. many Islamic forums have died and only few remaining.

With new young innovative forum owners we can make it work again! It would be lovely to have other Islamic forums too floating around the net, and more people reaping the benefits of forums. Forums and social media are completely different. One example is the amount of free mixing in social media is over the roof! With forums you have complete moderation.

I'm going to write a full forum management guide soon :ia: :) hopefully that will help future admins.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
oasis123
09-20-2015, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
I'm going to write a full forum management guide soon hopefully that will help future admins.
jazakallahu khaira bro I'll be waiting for it.
I would also request you to write about your experiences and the changes that took place in in last ten years in forums.

Bro فرحان do you think that due to the popularity of social media like facebook people are less spending time on forums or it is due to the fact that people are getting busier and busier?

BeTheChange
09-20-2015, 05:39 PM
Asalamualykum,

It's a fab idea to spread the message of Islam if that's what you want to do.

I have no experience of running a forum or moderating however, i would advise if you are going to start a forum make sure it stays focused around your aims and objectives. In sha Allah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!