/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 72 Virgins in Heaven?

PeaceLover
03-10-2015, 11:14 AM
Salaam.

This is something which has been bothering me for quite a long time, I've always wanted to ask someone to clarify and explain this to me.
Various sources from the Qur'an and hadiths state that men will get 72 wives/virgins/houris in Paradise, with descriptions of them in detail.

[references mentioned need verification]

I'm honestly not sure how I feel about this, does this mean that you won't be with the man/woman you married in this Dunya? Thinking about my dad and mom not being together in the hereafter makes me quite sad. Also, why is it that men have such 'rewards' while women have nothing as such? And why are these houris portrayed as objects?

I really need clarification on this matter, thanks. I love Islam but sometimes I get really confused. imsad

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-10-2015, 12:35 PM
Why limit the rewards of heaven to only what can be perceived and told? If a question was asked, an answer might follow. If no question is asked, then no new info is known.

In heaven my big supposition is that the 'evil' is removed. There's no wanting, you get. No right and wrong...

Coming to the point, you have to remember the times (of the prophet), from living the way they were to change and become more modest, even sex became sacred and severe punishment in hell if engaged. As it is such a carnal desire, there surely needed a far greater reward in paradise if they could curb the transgression.

Paradise will be for you, your desire, not others. If they want to be with others, that's their heaven...

Hope it makes sense.

:peace:

Futuwwa
03-11-2015, 09:16 PM
The number 72 is based on a single hadith of dubious authenticity. The word "houri" is gender neutral plural. It just means that everyone will be happily married in Heaven, even those who didn't get to be that in this world, or whose spouse went to Hell.

Muhammad
03-11-2015, 11:47 PM
:wasalamex

format_quote Originally Posted by Futuwwa
The number 72 is based on a single hadith of dubious authenticity.
We cannot say the hadith is of dubious authenticity - see for instance: http://islamqa.info/en/8511

Sister, it is best to learn Islam from a teacher and not be distracted by isolated texts found on the internet. As with a building, you start with the foundations and make these firm. Once that is done, the rest shall fall into place :ia:.

Regarding the questions you mentioned, we have had a number of threads on them before which might help :ia:. I will close this one to prevent repetition:

http://www.islamweb.net/emainpage/ar...en-in-paradise
What will women get in Paradise?
Referring to muslims awarded virgins...
I wana be a Muslim but I just don't know
*!* Women of Paradise! *!* ------- (450)
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...nderstand.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!