/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Clarifications on Islam week event

strivingobserver98
03-13-2015, 01:03 AM
:sl:

Currently we are having Face Off event. A brother who doesn't wish to be named suggested another event idea for next time below.

We should make a thread that is for non muslims. They can ask anything they want and we simply answer it according to our knowledge. A "Clarifications of Islam" week. Just make one big thread where they can ask and we answer and you can have mods that approve POSTS because there are non muslims that might come and try to spread a bad image
I think it's quite interesting, it can attract non muslims to get a better understanding of Islam :ia:.

What do you guys reckon? :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
03-13-2015, 02:06 AM
Always game...

Only non muslims can ask the questions?

:peace:

The-Deist
03-13-2015, 11:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
Always game...

Only non muslims can ask the questions?

Maybe we should let Muslims too. But it's mainly directed to non-muslims.

greenhill
03-13-2015, 01:47 PM
Thank you StrivingforDeen, :D

T'was just a general question. Not really for me so to speak. But who knows?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Insaanah
03-13-2015, 02:56 PM
:salam:

Firstly :jz: to the brother for the idea.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a special week for this though. Clarifications about Islam is always open, any time, for anyone to ask anything, and posts appear instantly without needing to be approved.

Having one thread, means you could potentially have lots of questions from different members on the go at the same time, with different answers interspersed between answers to other questions, and it'd make it hard to follow, compared to a thread for a question as is currently the case.

Also, people may think that they can only ask during a special certain week, and I don't think we should give that impression.

Just my thoughts.

The-Deist
03-13-2015, 06:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
:salam:

Firstly :jz: to the brother for the idea.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to have a special week for this though. Clarifications about Islam is always open, any time, for anyone to ask anything, and posts appear instantly without needing to be approved.

Having one thread, means you could potentially have lots of questions from different members on the go at the same time, with different answers interspersed between answers to other questions, and it'd make it hard to follow, compared to a thread for a question as is currently the case.

Also, people may think that they can only ask during a special certain week, and I don't think we should give that impression.

Just my thoughts.
Maybe we should like iinvite other people from ther religions (for example one buddhist forum one Jew one Christian)? It's like a online invitation event.

And then the people go out there and can tell people more (about the "Real" Islam").

Scimitar
03-13-2015, 06:55 PM
I agree with sister insaanah.

invitation to learn about islam should be open to all and at any time. So far, I've seen plenty of people from varying faith groups join IB with questions on islam. some of these will will be genuine enquiries - but unfortunately most are coming with an agenda to try and shake our faith... but it's usually they who leave here shaking... I think the way IB is run atm, is brilliant to be really honest.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!