/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Marriage: my parents are apperently not able to find one.

new2010
03-22-2015, 09:27 PM
:sl:

I am genuinely struggling with getting married. I am intending to do so, since a couple of years. I haven't been able, my parents haven't been supporting me. By the way, I am male. Now, some years later, they was looking for a good wife but they don't know anyone "good", that fits into my criteria. I am really doubting my parents are capable to find a woman. They are practising but they don't practise in the way of Quran and Sunnah to one hundred per cent (who does?, other question); Their arguing is really weird when it comes to criteria of a certain woman.

I don't expect a perfect sister, so I am aware of there is no one perfect except Allah. But I am getting older, I want to start studying next year, really don't know how to proceed. I want to do everything in accordance with Quran and Sunnah, but it's difficult, when your surrounding (parents) have not this idea. Actually they have, but it weird, they think they're doing right, but they obviously aren't.

May I take these matters in one's hand?

Fact is, I NEED to get married. But there are so many doubts. Am I mature enough? Will I be able to feed my wife (I know Allah provides us with risk, however will she be satisfied)? Have I gained enough knowledge? Will I be able to give her all rights? How will I deal with when she doesn't obey Allah and Rasulallah. Am I able to obey them? My Iman goes really up and down.

I don't want make it difficult but it's even difficult to talk about it. I think I am kind of shy when it comes to girls and marriage. I don't like to talk with my parents about that or anyone else. How is it in your case? Do you have issues in that regard either?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
03-22-2015, 11:01 PM
count yourself fortunate bro :)

Scimi

new2010
03-22-2015, 11:08 PM
Is it really so bad being married, bro? I honestly don't think so. I mean, yes, it might happen rough times, but that's life. I think everything you need, is a relaxed wife, who is not aiming to fight. So even if there is a dispute, you can deal with it without disputing. Just go away for couple of minutes or hours and speak it out later when everybody calm down. Only problem, this just works out when both think like that otherwise it won't help or change anything.

I think we have to see marriage as business company you and your partner are like teamplayer and take the life as a challenge and struggle through it together. Is just hard to find one, whom you can trust and both need to be on the path of Quran and Sunnah.

Scimitar
03-22-2015, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
I think everything you need, is a relaxed wife, who is not aiming to fight.
I don't think a woman like that exists in this day and age... they all want to argue, and I have adrenaline problems, so I probably won't ever get married Allahu Alam... hitting 40 soon, whatever... it is what it is.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
new2010
03-22-2015, 11:26 PM
Akhi, why you have "adrenaline problems"? Actually I know what you mean by that. I get this adrenaline problems when I see someone close, who dress not properly. I could explode, even I told 100 times.

Do you know what the real problem is (I think)? We man are no really man as woman are no more real woman. And this comes because we are not following our religion perfectly as Quran and Sunnah commands us. When we man would be man, with very good ahklaq and would be able to speak as our prophet sas. has spoken, there would no woman who would try to argue; I am pretty sure of it. However I only can speak from theory, I have no experience with stuff like that.

Really difficult I am younger than you but won't give up. I even hadn't any conversation with a sister, so everything is theory on me.

ardianto
03-22-2015, 11:33 PM
Assalamualaikum.

I was a boy who had many friends. Now 99% of my friends have married (I myself widower with children). Many of them married the women who introduced by people around them, including who introduced by their (boys) mothers. But no one of them got a wife because people around them gave them. The role of people around them was just proposing .... "There is a girl who expecting a husband. If you are interested, let's we go there to meet her".

Young bro, I notice, you have an attitude like a boy who expects to have bicycle and you expect your parent give you bicycle that you want, then you just ride it. No wonder if your parents feel difficult to fulfill your want to have a wife.

If you could come to my place, In Shaa Allah, I could try to find a girl and introduce her to you. But there is an important thing that I must tell you, there's no guarantee she would accept you. So, do not expect me to give you a wife because the only thing that I could do is help you to meet a girl who expect to have a husband, and then you do an effort to make her accept you.

Now do you understand difficulty that faced by your parent?. You may deny, but what you write in your post obviously seen you expect your parent to give you a wife, a girl who automatically will marry you without you do an effort to make her accept you.

You should be a man who independent, not a man who still dependent to your parent if you want to get married. Independency is the important thing that you must have if you want to be a husband.

Develop yourself to be a man who deserve to be accepted by a woman, and develop your ability to convince a woman and her parents to accept you. Yes, bro, the key to get a wife is you must dare to tell her that you are interested to marry her.

Are you shy?. Basically all men are shy too when they must talk to a woman about it for the first time. It's okay if you ask help from third party to tell a woman that you are interested to marry her. But then you must still tell it again by yourself. If you just ask help from the third part to propose marriage to a woman but then you do not tell her that you are indeed want to marry her, do not expect your proposal will be accepted.

Now about the another point. Will you able to deal with the problems that can occur in marriage?.

Young bro, in another thread I have ever gave an advice, "Know the field before you walk on it". Do you know bro, I have learned about marriage, about my duty as a husband and father, about problems that can occur in marriage and how to deal with these, .... long time before I got married, even before I met someone. So, when a problem occurred in my married life, what I thought was "This is what I should do", not "What I should do?".

:)

new2010
03-22-2015, 11:59 PM
Ardianto, brother, you may be right in some points but I am not expecting a bicycle but I know what you mean. Is it too much wanting a woman who dresses properly, at least a hijab with appropriate clothes? The basic understanding of Islam, who is intended to follow Quran and Sunnah - what I think is the main part having a good and successful marriage.

I know I have being accepted by her and this is the most problematic part. I wrote it in bold in my prior post , "Have I gained enough knowledge?" I am expecting a woman who is following Quran and Sunnah but am I following really Quran and Sunnah ,so I can expect that from her? Does I have a good character so I am expecting from her? That's the critical part: I don't know. I struggle with society issues and have no really friends. That's not because people don't like me, it's because I like being alone and this caused a weird situation being too much alone in my room. I of course go out, studying, library, masjid and have some hobbies but I am at my own and it's doesn't disturb me. What disturbs me is not being involved in social activities because I don't like being with too much people, even in the masjid.

The reason why I expect from my parents to find a wife is: I always thought this is the way of Sunnah. We have no right to speak to woman, so we have to lower our gazes. How should I speak to a sister? I have seen really a lot of lectures and read books about this topic, but the only option I have is to find the mahram of one girl and go to him and ask. But this is difficult because again: Have I gained enough knowledge? Am I on the position to ask for the hand of a sister?

I want to be a good husband, I want to be a good Muslim. Both are not easy, but I am kind of frustrated, I want to be perfect in all but I am feeling like one who do only bad. By extension, I've been involved in kind of bad habits and only marriage can solve that, so it's vicious cycle and seems to be never ending.

So, I know, I've to be accepted and a woman has also her standards on her husband and certain wishes.

MuslimInshallah
03-23-2015, 12:28 AM
Assalaamu alaikum "new",

Mmm, whereabouts do you live? I think that the exact ways of finding a spouse depend on the society you live in. (smile) I know a little about North American society, for instance, but I'd probably be lost in Indonesia!

Anyway, I think it's good that you want to marry; (sigh) too many young men aren't interested in the responsibilities and challenges of marriage. (sad) And actually, quite a lot of older men, too. And now women are wanting it less, too. So there are an awful lot of lonely people out there who aren't benefitting from the wonderful opportunities for spiritual growth that marriage affords. And the children, if there are any, suffer, too. Furthermore, when families are weakened, the fabric of society is weakened, too.

(smile) So I'm praying you can find someone to grow with, and that you'll have piles of children in a happy family.

May Allah, the Determiner, Decree what is best for you in this life and the Next.

Scimitar
03-23-2015, 12:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Akhi, why you have "adrenaline problems"?
my Adrenal glands secrete adrenaline constantly... I find it hard to relax, sleep, and get comfortable, i fidget and my brain is constantly over thinking and rationalising and working... I am hyper human.

Because of this, I need a really chilled out and easy going, non argumentative wife, because I know what I am like... the adrenaline makes me want to fight. I need someone who knows how to make someone like me - just shut up and drink tea instead :)

Scimi

ardianto
03-23-2015, 04:25 PM
Parents find a wife for the son actually is cultural. I know, you come from culture where arranged marriage is very common and you want your parents arrange a marriage for you. Unfortunately they cannot do it, and it makes you feel disappointed. The thread title shows that you blame your parents for it.

No, no, bro. Do not blame your parents, and do not depend on your parents. You can ask other people to find a girl who expect to have a husband, then you and your parents come to her home, talk to her and her parents that you have interest to marry her. Yes, you must dare to talk, and you must dare to face the risk of rejection. You cannot just stay at home and expect for parents to arrange a marriage for you because seem like it will not happen.

Have you gained enough knowledge?. What knowledge that you mean?. Islamic knowledge?. I am sure that you already have enough knowledge, and I believe that you are a good Muslims. I know, there are girls who say that they expect future husband who is hafiz. My advice is, avoid girl like this. It's better if you propose marriage to pious girl who is humble, who does not expect something high from the future husband.

What you should do is develop yourself to become a man who has high responsibility, have good politeness, can treat the wife well, etc. So it will make you deserve to be accepted as husband. And the girl and her parent will know that you are a good man who deserve to be accepted as husband, only if you meet and talk with them.

sister herb
03-23-2015, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
my Adrenal glands secrete adrenaline constantly... I find it hard to relax, sleep, and get comfortable, i fidget and my brain is constantly over thinking and rationalising and working... I am hyper human.

Because of this, I need a really chilled out and easy going, non argumentative wife, because I know what I am like... the adrenaline makes me want to fight. I need someone who knows how to make someone like me - just shut up and drink tea instead :)

Scimi
Maybe you need a wife who knocks you down and then serves a cup of tea to relax your nerves. By the other words, someone very mature one.

MuslimInshallah
03-23-2015, 08:03 PM
I find it hard to relax, sleep, and get comfortable, i fidget and my brain is constantly over thinking and rationalising and working...

(smile) Sounds like most parents I know...

Scimitar
03-23-2015, 08:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Maybe you need a wife who knocks you down and then serves a cup of tea to relax your nerves. By the other words, someone very mature one.
Allah knows best. I really don't care anymore to be honest... I'm fine being single subhaan Allah. There goes half my deen.

I'm a hermit anyway so... not gonna be finding anyone by sitting at home and I'm not about to become a social butterfly nor will I join any islamic intro site either.... it is what it is.

Jazak Allahu khair.

Scimi

saif-uddin
03-25-2015, 06:12 AM
I don't think a woman like that exists in this day and age... they all want to argue, and I have adrenaline problems, so I probably won't ever get married Allahu Alam... hitting 40 soon, whatever... it is what it is.

Scimi
Marriage is Sunnah,

we not entitled to reject it, as stated in Ahadith.

also Marriage makes it easier to Lower ones gaze and Guard ones Modesty and Satisfy ones desires in a Halaal way,

Rasulullah :saws: said the Greatest Treasure a Man can attain in Dunya, is a Pious Wife (after Imaan of course)

choose your spoused based on Deen and Akhlaq/Character brothers and sisters and you won't have headaches and heartaches,

insha'allah

:jz:

Scimitar
03-25-2015, 11:38 AM
It's not fardh though is it? I'm not gonna end up in hell because I didn't get married, right?

Not everyone is meant for marriage. Thank you for the reminder, but its not something i'm unaware of bud.

Scimi

ardianto
03-25-2015, 05:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by saif-uddin
Marriage is Sunnah,

also Marriage makes it easier to Lower ones gaze and Guard ones Modesty and Satisfy ones desires in a Halaal way,

Rasulullah :saws: said the Greatest Treasure a Man can attain in Dunya, is a Pious Wife (after Imaan of course)

choose your spoused based on Deen and Akhlaq/Character brothers and sisters and you won't have headaches and heartaches,

insha'allah

Actually lowering gaze and guard the modesty have nothing to do with marriage. There are men who still cannot guard his gaze and always tease other women although they have married. In another side there are unmarried men who are good in lowering gaze and guard modesty.

Is marriage sunnah?. Yes, and we must follow this sunnah. But there is difference between people who don't want to get married, and people who want to get married but always failed.

Scimitar
03-25-2015, 05:47 PM
Well said bro Ardianto.

I protect my self from the sin of EYES by not going out unless I absolutely have to go out for something, and even then - in dhikr and fearful for the distractions when we walk amongst the shops and markets - they are trials. So why put ourselves in the direct line of trials which tempt us to sin? Refraining from the sin is as simple as removing yourself from the opportunity to engage in it - and that is what I have done.

Scimi

saif-uddin
03-25-2015, 08:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Actually lowering gaze and guard the modesty have nothing to do with marriage. There are men who still cannot guard his gaze and always tease other women although they have married. In another side there are unmarried men who are good in lowering gaze and guard modesty.

Is marriage sunnah?. Yes, and we must follow this sunnah. But there is difference between people who don't want to get married, and people who want to get married but always failed.
I was referring to people who don't want to get married, such people are asking for trouble,

secondly Lowering our Gaze and Guarding our Modesty is directly related to Marriage,

Marriage allows one to direct their Sexual desires in a Halaal way,

If you block out the Halaal (Forbid marriage for yourself) then you will inevitabely be more suseptible to fall into the Sin of Zina, whether this is of the eyes, tongue, limbs,

Nauzubillah min zaliq.

Allah ta'ala describes the Husband and Wife as a Shield/Protection against Munkar/Fahisha for each other ...

Surah Baqarah Ayah 187
-----------------------------
"...They are your garments and you are their garments..."

The function of a garment is to protect and conceal,

Rasulullah :saws: also said ...

Ibn Mas‘ood :ra: who said: We were with the Prophet :saws: young men who had nothing of wealth. The Messenger of Allah :saws: said to us: “O young men, whoever among you can afford it, let him get married, for it is more effective in lowering the gaze and guarding one’s chastity. And whoever cannot afford it should fast, for it will be a shield for him.”

[narrated in Sahih Al-Bukhaari (5066) and Muslim (1400)]

Marriage has a direct connection to LOwering our gaze and Guarding our Modesty,

Choose your spouses based on Deen and Character, and you find that it greatly helps in Lowering our gaze, minimising Zina of the yes, tongue and limbs/Guarding our modesty.

keiv
03-25-2015, 09:25 PM
People who want to get married should.
People who don't want to get married shouldn't until they're ready.

No one should get married if they aren't committed to it, but only do so because other people tell them they need to. It makes no sense at all and it's not fair to the person you're getting married to. Being married does not prevent you from looking at others or doing the unthinkable and being single does not mean you're more prone to doing those things either.

Go pay a visit to the advice forums on here and other Islamic sites if you want proof.

Scimitar
03-25-2015, 10:43 PM
I think it's time to make my position clear - I've been trying to get married since 2004, Eleven years on and after a few broken engagements - I feel hopeless and therefore, don't feel I have it in my destiny. I have become somewhat bitter about the whole thing and therefore, will be of no use to any woman until I can resolve these issues within myself first - problem is, I've gotten used to being alone, and I like my own company.

I'm also 40 this year.

Although many of you will say "don't lose hope" and "I know someone who married at the age of *enter age here*" etc etc etc... try being in my position, and maintaining a positive outlook - the reality is, opportunities for someone of my age run thin in this regard, and I have faced up to the facts, and have learnt to accept them.

if it is not in my destiny, then it simply won't happen - if Allah has other plans despite how I feel - then it will. Simple.

Scimi

saif-uddin
03-27-2015, 08:59 PM
I think it's time to make my position clear - I've been trying to get married since 2004, Eleven years on and after a few broken engagements - I feel hopeless and therefore, don't feel I have it in my destiny. I have become somewhat bitter about the whole thing and therefore, will be of no use to any woman until I can resolve these issues within myself first - problem is, I've gotten used to being alone, and I like my own company.

I'm also 40 this year.

Although many of you will say "don't lose hope" and "I know someone who married at the age of *enter age here*" etc etc etc... try being in my position, and maintaining a positive outlook - the reality is, opportunities for someone of my age run thin in this regard, and I have faced up to the facts, and have learnt to accept them.

if it is not in my destiny, then it simply won't happen - if Allah has other plans despite how I feel - then it will. Simple.

Scimi
The question is Are you actively looking for a spouse?

or have you given up?

if it's the former and you end up not getting married, then at least you tried,

if it's the latter, your only compounding your problems,

saif-uddin
03-27-2015, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
People who want to get married should.
People who don't want to get married shouldn't until they're ready.

No one should get married if they aren't committed to it, but only do so because other people tell them they need to. It makes no sense at all and it's not fair to the person you're getting married to. Being married does not prevent you from looking at others or doing the unthinkable and being single does not mean you're more prone to doing those things either.

Go pay a visit to the advice forums on here and other Islamic sites if you want proof.
Our opinions are irrelevant,

Allah ta'ala describes Marriage as a Protection, and the Rasul :saws: says it's very effective in Lowering the gaze and guarding ones modesty,

the longer you remain single the more prone you are too Fahisha,

enough said.

sister herb
03-27-2015, 09:30 PM
I think this is also a common problem with the reverts; specially those whose live in the culture where parents don´t look for wife/husband to their children but they are suppoused to looking for them by themselves.

:phew

new2010
03-27-2015, 10:41 PM
Parents find a wife for the son actually is cultural. I know, you come from culture where arranged marriage is very common and you want your parents arrange a marriage for you. Unfortunately they cannot do it, and it makes you feel disappointed. The thread title shows that you blame your parents for it.

No, no, bro. Do not blame your parents, and do not depend on your parents. You can ask other people to find a girl who expect to have a husband, then you and your parents come to her home, talk to her and her parents that you have interest to marry her. Yes, you must dare to talk, and you must dare to face the risk of rejection. You cannot just stay at home and expect for parents to arrange a marriage for you because seem like it will not happen.

Have you gained enough knowledge?. What knowledge that you mean?. Islamic knowledge?. I am sure that you already have enough knowledge, and I believe that you are a good Muslims. I know, there are girls who say that they expect future husband who is hafiz. My advice is, avoid girl like this. It's better if you propose marriage to pious girl who is humble, who does not expect something high from the future husband.

What you should do is develop yourself to become a man who has high responsibility, have good politeness, can treat the wife well, etc. So it will make you deserve to be accepted as husband. And the girl and her parent will know that you are a good man who deserve to be accepted as husband, only if you meet and talk with them.
Firstly, I apologize for my late reply; had literally much to to last days :-(

Nonetheless, I want to say: I don't blame my parents for not being able find a wife for me. What I say is, I am kind of hopeless because my parents come with woman who don't fit into my mindset. I don't expect much, so I am aware of that I am not one who deserves a wife with a lot of Islamic knowledge and perfect character (I know, probably there is no such thing as perfect, when it comes to human being. Expect our prophet sas.). However there are some parts I really attach value to simple characteristic attitudes like being honest, not to speak behind other people, want to life in harmony without arguing.

Indeed, in my culture it's really like parents look for a wife for their children, but I am living in the west and here very very low people practise that. Generally, you go and it actually doesn't matter you're married or not, you do everything what married people do. So my surrounding is very open minded and insists that I look for a woman or ask me whether I know someone.

As I mentioned prior, I thought this is not permissible in Islam. So, I did know, if you see a woman you're interested in, you can go to her mahram and talk to him. However, my problem is I've not enough self conciousness, due to my leak of islamic knowledge. Yes, I read several book and have probably listened to more than 100 lectures in the last few years but I am nonetheless not knowledgeable. It's getting more worse: My Iman genuinely fluctuates; I don't have any doubts in the religion of Islam but my natural desire stops me sometimes to fulfil my Islamic duties. This is worse! Hence, I don't know how to proceed: Gaining knowledge -> getting married. Realistic I cannot assess whether I am far from zina or not. I have been really good in lowering gaze I never spoke to woman when not absolutely necessary. Nowadays, I cannot control it. I remember death but it doesn't hold me. It's hard to describe, I fear Allah but in the same time it's like my creator is far away from me. It feels like indifference. That clearly show me, I probably am not able to get married because apparently I am not able to accomplish this test of Allah. It's weak and I don't like weakness when it comes to duties in regard to religion.

I control myself not to speak to woman in my studying environment or in job but especially in "school" I am not able to do so anymore and my thoughts go really in a worse direction for what I feel a bit of shame. I have been fighting against this natural desires since - I guess - four or five years. Probably longer. It's an really odd feeling when you have those feeling and their is no light in the end of the tunnel. I am really tried being patient and I won't stop to continue and deal with this desires but it's becoming harder and harder..

keiv
03-28-2015, 02:35 PM
Marriage is Sunnah,

insha'allah

I was referring to people who don't want to get married, such people are asking for trouble,

secondly Lowering our Gaze and Guarding our Modesty is directly related to Marriage,

Marriage allows one to direct their Sexual desires in a Halaal way,

If you block out the Halaal (Forbid marriage for yourself) then you will inevitabely be more suseptible to fall into the Sin of Zina, whether this is of the eyes, tongue, limbs,

Nauzubillah min zaliq.

Allah ta'ala describes the Husband and Wife as a Shield/Protection against Munkar/Fahisha for each other ...

Surah Baqarah Ayah 187
-----------------------------
"...They are your garments and you are their garments..."

The function of a garment is to protect and conceal,

Rasulullah :saws: also said ...

Ibn Mas‘ood :ra: who said: We were with the Prophet :saws: young men who had nothing of wealth. The Messenger of Allah :saws: said to us: “O young men, whoever among you can afford it, let him get married, for it is more effective in lowering the gaze and guarding one’s chastity. And whoever cannot afford it should fast, for it will be a shield for him.”

[narrated in Sahih Al-Bukhaari (5066) and Muslim (1400)]

Marriage has a direct connection to LOwering our gaze and Guarding our Modesty,

Choose your spouses based on Deen and Character, and you find that it greatly helps in Lowering our gaze, minimising Zina of the yes, tongue and limbs/Guarding our modesty.

Our opinions are irrelevant,

Allah ta'ala describes Marriage as a Protection, and the Rasul :saws: says it's very effective in Lowering the gaze and guarding ones modesty,

the longer you remain single the more prone you are too Fahisha,

enough said.

My post was based on a matter of fact not opinion.

Again, being married does NOT prevent you from looking around or even engaging in any kind of act with the opposite sex. That is not my opinion. It's up to the individual to be disciplined and not put themselves in that situation to begin with, married or not, as Schimitar pointed out earlier.

Getting married may be effective, but it is not the answer. If getting married specifically for the reason of relieving onself of their sexual desires then, as you said, such people are asking for trouble.

From what I gathered, the OP stated two of his problems in finding a spouse. One is the fact that he has certain standards that he feels none of the potentials lived up to without really knowing them. The second is the fact that he's self concious. The brother clearly desires to get married, but is struggling based on things he himself has to learn to get over.

For those that don't have a desire at all to get married, what's the answer? Force yourself to go through it and pray for the best? Be realistic. People know themselves better than anyone else. If a person whose single who has no desire to get married and is living their lives just fine, then let them be.

saif-uddin
03-28-2015, 02:46 PM
Some people will just argue and offset red herrings for the sake of arguing, even when you post clear cut ayaat and sahih ahadith,

Nauzubillah min zaliq

rhen
04-10-2015, 09:25 PM

Scimi
Not every woman is like that.

Mortan
06-08-2015, 07:59 PM
I shall simply keep silent better

Vlad
06-08-2015, 08:50 PM

Aastagfiruallah, so you are saying you never wanted to kiss a girl? Never the desire arose in your heart to stare at beautiful women?
If these feelings have already arisen inside you, then marriage is obligatory. If not, then you need a health checkup.
Once you are married you are less likely to commit zinaa.

Vlad
06-08-2015, 08:55 PM
Ibn Qudaamah (may Allah have mercy on him) said in his book al-Mughni:

“Our colleagues differed as to whether marriage is obligatory. The best-known opinion in our madhhab is that it is not obligatory, except when a person is afraid of committing a forbidden deed if he does not marry. In that case he should make himself chaste (i.e. get married). This is the opinion of the majority of fuqahaa’.”

Vlad
06-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Narrated Anas bin Malik (r.a.):
A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, “Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven.” Then one of them said, “I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever.”
The other said, “I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast.” The third said, “I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever.” Allah’s Apostle came to them and said, “Are you the same people who said so-and-so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers).”

ardianto
06-08-2015, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vlad
Aastagfiruallah, so you are saying you never wanted to kiss a girl? Never the desire arose in your heart to stare at beautiful women?
If these feelings have already arisen inside you, then marriage is obligatory. If not, then you need a health checkup.
Once you are married you are less likely to commit zinaa.
The reason why I still not remarry until now is because I see my children still haven't able to accept new woman beside me.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-a...-children.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-a...g-married.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...one-allah.html

Vlad
06-08-2015, 11:22 PM
The reason why I still not remarry until now is because I see my children still haven't able to accept new woman beside me.

http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-a...-children.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-a...g-married.html

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...one-allah.html

Never knew you were married before, anyway you portrayed marriage as a casual relationship. Scholars say that your soul nourishment depend upon two things, Zaikurallah and Marriage.
Here we have you demeaning marriage like;

"Actually lowering gaze and guard the modesty have nothing to do with marriage."

ardianto
06-08-2015, 11:51 PM
Never knew you were married before, anyway you portrayed marriage as a casual relationship. Scholars say that your soul nourishment depend upon two things, Zaikurallah and Marriage.

"Actually lowering gaze and guard the modesty have nothing to do with marriage."
What makes a man able to lower his gaze and guard his modesty is self motivation, not marriage. If a man doesn't have motivation to guard his modesty, then after he got married he still would not able to guard his modesty. Not different than lazy man who has no motivation to eliminate his laziness. After he got married he would still lazy.

But if a man has motivation to guard his modesty, even before he got married has able to guard his modesty.

Vlad
06-08-2015, 11:58 PM
What makes a man able to lower his gaze and guard his modesty is self motivation, not marriage. If a man doesn't have motivation to guard his modesty, then after he got married he still would not able to guard his modesty. Not different than lazy man who has no motivation to eliminate his laziness. After he got married he would still lazy.

But if a man has motivation to guard his modesty, even before he got married has able to guard his modesty.

Wrong, marriage plays an important part in changing the behaviour of man.

ardianto
06-09-2015, 12:02 AM

Hmm, I have made a mistake which confusing you. I think I should write "Actually ability of lowering gaze and guard the modesty have nothing to do with marriage".

I forgot to write "ability of". No wonder if you were confused with my previous statement.

Wrong, marriage plays an important part in changing the behaviour of man.
Only if this man has motivation to change himself.

Vlad
06-09-2015, 12:03 AM
And early marriage(not child marriage) will completely eradicate that boyfriend/girlfriend culture, marraige is there to instill that motivation not other way around.

Vlad
06-09-2015, 12:11 AM
Only if this man has motivation to change himself.
That motivation is repressed in your average male, who even at the age of 20 thinks that he is too young to get married. Emotions for opposite gender are natural, and Islam provide a Halal way to make them come true. The longer you delay your marriage, you're more likely to commit sins. By the time het gets married, he probably doesn't even know what modesty is, and that later affect his marriage life.

MuslimInshallah
06-09-2015, 12:22 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

I agree with Vlad that marriage tends to help people mature (twinkle. especially children!). But I also agree with Ardianto that marriage in and of itself will not cause a person to behave in a moral manner. The motivation to restrain oneself comes from within. (sigh) Vlad, you know, there are enough unfaithful spouses to prove the point… (smile) and chaste singles...

Still, I do feel that is is easier to restrain oneself if you are married. And I also agree that is is better to marry earlier (within limits) rather than later, if possible. Because I feel that marriage is a very important aspect of our spiritual development, not just a means of protecting one's chastity. And also because you are more likely to develop a healthy close relationship with your spouse if you have not become used to superficial relationships, it seems to me.

May Allah, the Unique, Help us to find spouses we can connect with who help us get closer to Him.

Vlad
06-09-2015, 12:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

Vlad, you know, there are enough unfaithful spouses to prove the point… (smile) and chaste singles...
I understand where you're coming from, society in general is to blame for the unfaithfulness, nor i am saying that there won't be any unfaithfulness if you enforced Islamic social values. People comitted crimes even at the time of Rasool Allah, but appropriate actions were taken to stop them. Never in the past Islamic societies faced the problems of immodesty and indecency, early marriages and polygamy were the main reason behind that.

Scimitar
06-09-2015, 01:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by rhen
Not every woman is like that.
I sincerely hope so.

Just got back from a wedding, my cousin got married... the aunties went wild on me, but I just uh, got embarrassed and uh, kinda just made smart ass comments for example:

Aunty "when are you getting married so we can come to your wedding?"

Me "When you give your daughters hand in marriage to me"

Aunty's face goes into shock.

:D

they are on the lookout... OMG... arranged marriage :D oh noooo.... this is gonna be interesting. I didn't see one woman who I thought was marriage material at the wedding - they were all dolled up to the max with shoulders showing and all that jazz. SO good luck aunties :D I want hijabi 5 times salaah type who has a an infectious disease - it's called "smiling a lot".

in sha Allah.

Scimi

IbnAbdulHakim
06-09-2015, 06:10 PM
your parents are looking so that takes care of the seeking in this world part

now are you just need to take care of the spiritual side. Ask Allaah,

a good dua is rabbana hablana min azwajina wa zuriyatina qurrata 3yunew'wajalna lil mutaqeena imaamaah.

theres many others, surah yusuf is a good surah to read :)

Predator
06-10-2015, 08:02 PM
Maybe Marriage is bad for you as you are not willing to deal with nagging wife and Allah might be preventing the bad thing for you
Quran 2:216 But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

Vlad
06-10-2015, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Predator

Maybe Marriage is bad for you as you are not willing to deal with nagging wife and Allah might be preventing the bad thing for you
Quran 2:216 But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.

ALLAH(swt) is preventing what? And what is the bad thing in this context?

Predator
06-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Allah is preventing marriage as it has the Potential to cause Divorce . The intelligent person perceives forbidden things like delicious food, which contain fatal poison. Whenever its pleasure arouses his interest, the reality of the poison would push him away from it. Also, he perceives the orders of Allah as bitter medicine that leads to good health and recovery.

Vlad
06-10-2015, 08:35 PM

Scimi

It's clearly unknown whether the overproduction of adernaline in your body is linked to pheochromocytoma or not . Have you seen a neurologist\specialist yet?

Scimitar
06-11-2015, 12:19 PM
Yes, it's not pheochromocytoma alhamdulillah.

Scimi

BeTheChange
06-11-2015, 01:08 PM
If anyone wants to get married they should also play a role in actively looking and not sit back, leaving the responsibility on the parents.

It's important to consult with parents as they are more wiser and experienced in this area and it's also recommended to perform isthikhaa prayer.

May Allah swt help us all make wise decisions which benefit us Ameen.

Lightingshine
07-29-2015, 06:38 PM
I agree with Vlad as it is clearly mentioned by Prophet Muhammad P.B.U.H that marriage helps lower gazes of men.Absolutely true for those men who do believe in institution of marriage and take it maturely but for those immature ones it' doesent matter.

ardianto
07-29-2015, 09:33 PM
Someone will never know difficulty of doing an effort if he never failed. A man will never know difficulty of getting a wife if he never rejected by a woman.

In one thread I've ever read complaint from a man because his wife is not beautiful. I guess, he got married through arranged marriage because if he must find a wife by himself he would not complain like that.

When I was young, all of my friends wanted to marry beautiful women. Now, many of them married women who are not physically beautiful. But they love their wives, they are grateful with their wives. It's because they have ever felt difficulty in getting a wife which they get rejected. That's why they grateful when finally they could get women who were willing to accept them although those women not really matched with their expectation.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!