/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nails And Hair

hisnameiszzz
04-05-2015, 09:35 PM
Salaams all,

Can I just how folk dispose of their nail cuttings and hair trimmings? Do you just throw them in the bin or do you bury them in your garden, or do you do something else with them? And also, why do you do this?

I was talking to my Mom the other day about witchcraft and darkans and we came to the conclusion we were unsure of how to dispose of them. I don't know if this is true or if it's old wives tales but if someone wants to do black magic on you, they have to have a piece of your hair or nails? If so, how do you dispose of them without them getting into anyone untoward's reach.

I look forward to your responses.

Jazak.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ardianto
04-05-2015, 11:07 PM
Wa'alaikumsalam, brother.

I just throw my nails cutting into bin, and I let the barber throw my hair trimming. I know that nail and hair can be a media for black magic. But I never have suspicion that someone will do black magic on me. I just do tawakal, submit what will happen to me to Allah.

My ustadz told me that as Muslim I have to always khusnudzon, or have good assumption toward the others, and should not suudzon, or having prejudice toward the others.

Brother, if you have suspicion that someone maybe will do black magic toward you, it's mean you have suudzon (prejudice) in your heart.

:)

strivingobserver98
04-05-2015, 11:09 PM
Found this useful.

http://islamqa.info/en/1179
Is it correct that throwing away one’s nail clippings is haraam and that they should be buried?Praise be to Allaah.

Islam tells us to trim our nails, because this is one of the five qualities dictated by the fitrah (natural inclination of man). If one throws them in the garbage or buries them, there is nothing wrong with doing either (Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 5/174). But if one is afraid that they may fall into the hands of a practitioner of sihr (witchcraft), then he should bury them or throw them somewhere where such people will not be able to get their hands on them. And Allaah knows best.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!