/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my daughter wants to become hafiz

Marina-Aisha
04-06-2015, 11:29 AM
As salam alikom bros/sis

So couple months ago my daughter tells me she wants to become a quran teacher whens shes older which i thought was amazing but other say she expressed she also wants to become hafiz. I'm revert i dont know much arabic is there some programme i can put her in? shes only 6 by the way

any help would be great thanx salam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muhaba
04-06-2015, 12:15 PM
I don't know of any hifz programs. You should ask at your local masjid / islamic center. There are also online programs available. Search for them if you're interested in online programs.

sister herb
04-06-2015, 12:32 PM
Salam alaykum

6 is the perfect age for learning new languages. Children learn new things easier than adults. What is like :exhausted to us, its like a play to them.

Marina-Aisha
04-06-2015, 01:04 PM
yea i bought islamic dvd called adams world its about quran how people become hafiz alhudiallah i found a school so gonna talk to my husband laters.She goes normal Madrasah four times a week. her teaches say shes amazing shes like ten year old level apparantly :) she never speaks in class always focuses which is good :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Abed
05-24-2015, 09:46 AM
Masha'allah. May Allah make a a hafidha who will protect and practise upon the Qur'an, and may He bless her with goodness and keep her safe always, as well as her family, ameen.!

Karl
05-26-2015, 12:17 AM
Yes some girls can be very academic, but don't have your hopes set too high. When she gets to the age of puberty she may throw academia away and prefer to settle down and have babies. This is the main reason boys have always been taken more seriously in their career paths.

Scimitar
05-26-2015, 03:04 AM
Yes, and that's a bias we should learn to drop. The women need educating too, and the Prophet pbuh expressed this most importantly. A shaikha, or alima can advise the women on matters which men will often feel out of their depth in - I'm sure you know what I mean. To relegate the role of a Muslimah to one of the domestic carer is nothing short of a fallacy in modern Islamic understanding. As long as a woman in Islam fulfils her obligations to her husband and her children, she is free to do what she pleases within the bounds of Islam - and that includes not having to cook for her husband... not many know that apparently.

Women have far more important roles to fulfil in the modern age then men do today, in my honest opinion - and one area where we Muslim men need to reconcile is our attitudes towards the women - they are our sisters, daughters and mothers in Islam - our primary teachers, and nurturers, but that is not al;l they are - they are also independent and fiercely opinionated on matters they are close to - matters which often see men pale when mentioned, so to deny them the right of education based on some silly notion that once they are married - that's the end of the story - is a false ideal. Women can own businesses, can run schools, teach, be nurses, doctors and physicians, etc - all these things as well as being mothers and wives... on that level, we men pale in comparison... we can't even feel empathy for a child once we've grown up... shame on us.

Scimi

Scimitar
05-26-2015, 03:34 AM
To help drive this point home, I want to drop this in:

Scimi

strivingobserver98
05-26-2015, 07:44 PM
:wa:

Sister Marina Aisha did you manage to find a Hafiz programme for your daughter?

Anyone reading this post, whatever age you are right now. It's not TOO LATE. Whether your 20, 60, 30. YOU yourself can become a Hafiz of the Qur'an :ia:. Even if it's one ayah a day, slowly you will make it :). Imagine close to your death, knowing YOU are the one who memorized the book of Allah. Of course our intentions should be to gain pleasure of Allah :swt1:. We should also strive to understand the Qur'an too, pondering upon its meanings, reading tafsir etc.

Check out this thread, 82 years old and how she became Hafiz Subhan Allah.
http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...an-eighty.html

Karl
05-26-2015, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Yes, and that's a bias we should learn to drop. The women need educating too, and the Prophet pbuh expressed this most importantly. A shaikha, or alima can advise the women on matters which men will often feel out of their depth in - I'm sure you know what I mean. To relegate the role of a Muslimah to one of the domestic carer is nothing short of a fallacy in modern Islamic understanding. As long as a woman in Islam fulfils her obligations to her husband and her children, she is free to do what she pleases within the bounds of Islam - and that includes not having to cook for her husband... not many know that apparently.

Women have far more important roles to fulfil in the modern age then men do today, in my honest opinion - and one area where we Muslim men need to reconcile is our attitudes towards the women - they are our sisters, daughters and mothers in Islam - our primary teachers, and nurturers, but that is not al;l they are - they are also independent and fiercely opinionated on matters they are close to - matters which often see men pale when mentioned, so to deny them the right of education based on some silly notion that once they are married - that's the end of the story - is a false ideal. Women can own businesses, can run schools, teach, be nurses, doctors and physicians, etc - all these things as well as being mothers and wives... on that level, we men pale in comparison... we can't even feel empathy for a child once we've grown up... shame on us.

Scimi
There is no need to flip out with a feminist rant, the girl is only six years old. They do go through some changes as they grow up you know. I am just saying that when she becomes interested in having children when approaching puberty, her perspectives might change. Maybe she would like a large family or maybe she would rather be a career woman. But females are hard wired for reproduction so what are the probabilities? And if you think a woman should have the burden of a family and a career, I think you are asking too much. Allah only gives people burden enough that they can live with. I think your "modern" way puts more of a burden on females than males, so it is not in keeping with Islam.

Scimitar
05-26-2015, 11:40 PM
So long as you understand that the choice is theirs, not ours as men - it's all good bro.

Scimi

samira01
07-01-2015, 03:11 AM
MashAllah thts grt

Lady A
07-01-2015, 12:11 PM
:sl:

Sister Marina-Aisha, I pray your daughter does become a hafidha and in return she teaches you the Quran, Ameen!

Lady A
07-01-2015, 12:18 PM
Karl, memorizing the Quran has nothing to do with going through puberty and reproducing children! Anyone can become a hafidh of Quran, regardless of being male or female, Muslim or non-Muslim, pre-pubescent or post!

Where is the dislike button?!

Jannat Seeker
07-03-2015, 03:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marina-Aisha
yea i bought islamic dvd called adams world its about quran how people become hafiz alhudiallah i found a school so gonna talk to my husband laters.She goes normal Madrasah four times a week. her teaches say shes amazing shes like ten year old level apparantly :) she never speaks in class always focuses which is good :)

:wa:

Sister. Masha'Allah, may your daughter become a hafidha. Ameen !

Marina-Aisha
07-03-2015, 05:56 PM
Ameen 😊

~ Sabr ~
07-07-2015, 11:54 AM
:salamext:

Go to your local masjid, they should have classes for Hifz.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!