/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 4 wifes in Islam

ck1986
05-03-2015, 07:50 AM
1.I just wanted to ask what is the sole purpose the Allah allows me to marry 4 wife.

2.Why cant women marry up to 4 husbands.

If any any one can answers these two questions it would be very heplfull to me.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
05-03-2015, 08:25 AM
I aint touching that with a ten foot pole

ck1986
05-03-2015, 08:29 AM
please go head explain

sister herb
05-03-2015, 09:29 AM
Salam alaykum

You better ask kind of questions from imam as most of us here are layman. Here is something I found (when asked from Google):

http://islamqa.info/en/14022

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
05-03-2015, 09:43 AM
First of all it is permissible as is stated in the Quran. Hence let us just accept it at that and that the prophet also had many. But with his first, she was the only wife he had until her death.

Why Allah made it permissible, He only knows the full reasons why.

Let us take a look at what was happening at that time. Many males were killed as a result of wars and what happened to those families that lost their fathers/husbands/providers/protectors? Having 4 wives meant that those males who could 'afford' it could take in the families that had lost the father by marrying the widower. Nowadays, this permission has been abused.

Interestingly though, I was watching an Imran Hossein video on Youtube and he mentioned doing a seminar in Malaysia and that in the feedback he came to know that those field workers working on the telecommunications towers all had only baby girls. They had no sons. It became a phenomenon. It seems our exposure to the radiowaves has an effect on the male chromosomes. Perhaps, Allah knows what is going to happen and that soon, we will be having a disproportionately large female population and not very many males.

Imagine how the competition to get husbands will be then? Perhaps to the point of stealing husbands from other wives? Allahualam.

On your question, how could a female have more than one husband? She can only have a child a year at maximum. With 4 husbands, how long will they have to wait before each can have their own? Even then, how would they know to whom the child belongs to? With 4 husbands she will most probably be spending most of her life pregnant.

:peace:

keiv
05-03-2015, 01:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill
First of all it is permissible as is stated in the Quran. Hence let us just accept it at that and that the prophet also had many. But with his first, she was the only wife he had until her death.

Why Allah made it permissible, He only knows the full reasons why.

Let us take a look at what was happening at that time. Many males were killed as a result of wars and what happened to those families that lost their fathers/husbands/providers/protectors? Having 4 wives meant that those males who could 'afford' it could take in the families that had lost the father by marrying the widower. Nowadays, this permission has been abused.

Interestingly though, I was watching an Imran Hossein video on Youtube and he mentioned doing a seminar in Malaysia and that in the feedback he came to know that those field workers working on the telecommunications towers all had only baby girls. They had no sons. It became a phenomenon. It seems our exposure to the radiowaves has an effect on the male chromosomes. Perhaps, Allah knows what is going to happen and that soon, we will be having a disproportionately large female population and not very many males.

Imagine how the competition to get husbands will be then? Perhaps to the point of stealing husbands from other wives? Allahualam.

On your question, how could a female have more than one husband? She can only have a child a year at maximum. With 4 husbands, how long will they have to wait before each can have their own? Even then, how would they know to whom the child belongs to? With 4 husbands she will most probably be spending most of her life pregnant.

:peace:

I've heard of all the points you bring up before except for the last one. That's actually a pretty good one :thumbs_up

M.I.A.
05-03-2015, 03:05 PM
...it still happens, hence Jeremy kyle show.

OK, last one..

And that's what happens when you spend all your time on the phone!

...I'm sorry, if I wasn't laffin.

Ridwaan Ravat
05-03-2015, 03:42 PM
Assalamualykum.

Allah ta'alah is the creator of the both men and women and Allah ta'alah in his infinite wisdom knows best why certain things are permissible and why certain things not. Whether we can comprehend the wisdom or not, nevertheless below are two points through which we see the wisdom of Allah ta'alah in allowing men to marry four and not vis-versa

1. World population men are more, to the extent that nabee صلي الله عليه و سلم has said there will come a time where the ratios will be 50 - 1

2. To establish the babies lineage will be difficult if a women has 4 partners. Modern day we can argue the possibility of dna but not all can afford dna tests or have access to it.

I trust these two points will help in understanding and accepting the law of Allah ta'alah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!