/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do Muslims believe in existence of magic?

Pygoscelis
05-14-2015, 08:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
...for those who don't read:

The Sorcerers Plot:

A video by Saudi Arabia's Government Agency: "General Presidency Of the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice", talks about sorcery and black magic from Islamic perspective. Translated to English subtitles. it exposes the evil doings of sorcerers who commit blasphemy to witch people and harm them. This is real not fiction; it is from Saudi Arabia's government. Saudi Arabia has special police to track and persecute sorcerers. Many diseases that science can't cure are caused by sorcery, in the west it is generally regarded as psychiatrist disease and only numbed by drugs with no cure. If you suffer from a disease and all your tests are normal, then you are probably affected by black magic or the evil eye.

Scimi
Is this for real? They actually have sorcery hunters? "Black Magic" is actually a real belief amongst muslims? Do you folks think that practioners of black magic can actually cause hexes and spells and stuff like that? I thought that was exclusively the domain of fantasy fiction.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Signor
05-15-2015, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Is this for real?
Science happens to know very late about the reality of most of the things,Does they happens to be non-existent?No,it is our knowledge level which was limited in particular moment of time.It is real,only realm is metaphysical.

They actually have sorcery hunters?
Few parts of Saudi Arabia are considered to be hotbeds for Jinns or Ghosts or Extra Terrestrial beings whatever you like to call them,they have to hunt those down who try to conjure them.

"Black Magic" is actually a real belief amongst muslims?
It is and Forbidden to Practice.(Right now,we are not talking about stuff done by David Blaine or Copperfield or Criss Angels or any other trickster)

“They followed what the shayateen (devils) gave out (falsely of the magic) in the lifetime of Sulayman. Sulayman did not disbelieve, but the shayateen (devils) disbelieved, teaching men magic and such things that came down at Babylon to the two angels, Haroot and Maroot, but neither of these two (angels) taught anyone (such things) till they had said, ‘We are for trial, so disbelieve not (by learning this magic from us).’ And from these (angels) people learn that by which they cause separation between a man and his wife, but they could not thus harm anyone except by Allah’s leave. And they learn that which harms them and profits them not. And indeed they knew that the buyers of it (magic) would have no share in the Hereafter. And how bad indeed was that for which they sold their ownselves, if they but knew.And if they had believed and guarded themselves from evil and kept their duty to Allah, far better would have been the reward from their Lord, if they but knew!” [2:102-103]

Sounds like a fairytale but it is true when you come in contact with those dealing with it.God forbid.

Muslims also believe that Prophet Muhammad:saws: was tested with it once in his lifetime.

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: A spell was put on the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) until he imagined that he had done a thing when he had not done it. One day he made du’aa’ then he said: “Do you know that Allaah has shown me in what lies my cure? Two men came to me and one of them sat at my head and the other at my feet. One of them said to the other, ‘What is ailing the man?’ He said: ‘He has been bewitched.’ He said: “Who has bewitched him?’ He said: ‘Labeed ibn al-A’sam.’ He said, ‘With what?’ He said: ‘With a comb, the hair that is stuck to it, and the skin of pollen of a male date palm. He said: ‘Where is it?’ He said, ‘In the well of Dharwaan.’” The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) went out to the well, then he came back and said to ‘Aa’ishah when he came back: “Its date palms are like the heads of devils.” I said: “Did you take it out?” He said: “No. Allaah has healed me, and I feared that that might bring evil upon the people.” Then the well was filled in.

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3268; Muslim, 2189.

Do you folks think that practioners of black magic can actually cause hexes and spells and stuff like that? I thought that was exclusively the domain of fantasy fiction.
Wicca and Witchcraft can be traced back to ancient pagan religions.It would be a insult to call them ancient,considering how they have been practiced more in civilized world than in any underdeveloped or developing country.Gone are the days of places like India and Africa which were tagged as land of snake charmers and black magic,now Europe and America are known to be happening places.

But,guess what,they do know if world finds about their bizarre activities,they will only be viewed as weirdos.So everything is either behind close curtains or under moonlight.I can post several documentaries by mainstream media such as Ch4 and BBC to support my point but it would be inappropriate due to the content filmed.

Hope this helps.

greenhill
05-15-2015, 02:08 AM
Do you folks think that practioners of black magic can actually cause hexes and spells and stuff like that?
Simply put, "YES" I believe.

Caveat : It must be with Allah's leave.

There's a lot of fakes around, but does not mean there is non who do posses the ability.

:peace:

Scimitar
05-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Is this for real? They actually have sorcery hunters? "Black Magic" is actually a real belief amongst muslims? Do you folks think that practioners of black magic can actually cause hexes and spells and stuff like that? I thought that was exclusively the domain of fantasy fiction.
yes... truth is stranger than fiction and this is just one example.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Peacetoall
05-23-2015, 05:02 AM
i dont know much about the Islamic faith but, i do know they believe in Jinns - Devils or demons, i also know that these beings are tricksters and malevolent, but what other forces do you all believe in that is Evil. just coureous, i know i have seen some strange things in my life.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!