/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question for an adherent of Islam for an highschool Assignment.

nicklo
05-28-2015, 08:06 AM
Hey
I'm a high school student, that needs to interview a person who's an adherent of Islam.
If you could reply as soon as possible it would be greatly appreciated.

The questions are listed below. Please answer them in detail.

1. What does your religion, teach on the topic of polygamy?

1. Do you share the same belief as the teachings of your religion? Why/ Why not?

1. What is your belief, as a person on the idea of polygamy?

1. Why do you hold onto this belief?

1. What is the definition of Marriage in your religion?

1. Why is marriage such a sacred procedure in your religion?

1. What is your religion's teachings on same-sex marriages?

1. What is your viewpoint on the topic of same-sex marriage, as a person?

1. Why do you hold onto this belief?

1. Is divorce allowed in your religion? If so why/why not?

1. What is your opinion on the topic of divorce?

Thanks a million :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
05-28-2015, 03:18 PM
These questions have been asked on numerous occasions and answers can be found scattered around the forum.

I just have an observation to comment on, that these are leading questions.

It is quite blatant that the question is one of planting a seed to create tension. By questioning Divine decree with our opinion is a sure way to eventually lead to discord.

No offence taken from the questions asked but, why would I want to question the law? Muslim men are entitled up to 4 wives but that doesn't mean all men or even the majority will have 4. Most realise that having 1 was as blissful as it can get. . (if it can ever be blissful ;D), so in the end, it is how you deal with the laws that have been given.

If ALL Muslims 100% believe that the Qur'an is unchanged, how could the laws change? It is man that tries to affect change by the way they question like those above so that as the seeds grow, creates a situation that will put opinion above Divine decree.

Just my opinion.

:peace:

BeTheChange
05-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Hi Nicklo

Hope your research goes well!

What does your religion, teach on the topic of polygamy?

Our religion states men can have a maximum of 4 wives so polygamy is allowed.

A woman can only have a monogamous relationship and is not allowed to engage in polygamy.

One of the things that Allaah has enjoined in His Book is fair treatment of co-wives. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“You will never be able to do perfect justice between wives even if it is your ardent desire, so do not incline too much to one of them (by giving her more of your time and provision) so as to leave the other hanging (i.e., neither divorced nor married). And if you do justice, and do all that is right and fear Allaah by keeping away from all that is wrong, then Allaah is Ever Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.” [al-Nisaa’ 4:129]

The justice that is required here is a fair division of nights, and the giving of each wife her rights as regards spending and clothing. This does not refer to emotions or love, because man has no control over his feelings. But some people, when they marry more than one wife, favour one and neglect the other, spending more time with one wife and spending more on her, and ignoring the other. This is haraam, and the person who does this will come on the Day of Resurrection in the condition described by the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) in the hadeeth narrated by Abu Hurayrah:

“Whoever has two wives and gives one of them preferential treatment, he will come on the Day of Resurrection with half of his body leaning.” (Narrated by Abu Dawud, 2/601; see alsoSaheeh al-Jaami’, 6491).

Do you share the same belief as the teachings of your religion? Why/ Why not?

Of course i do. I believe in every legislation otherwise i wouldn't be a Muslim if i didn't agree.

What is your belief, as a person on the idea of polygamy?

Personally, it doesn't bother me. If it's done within islamic guidelines both man and woman is protected.

Why do you hold onto this belief?

Because i have been brainwashed lol. Only joking! As a Muslim i believe in the equality and justice and i believe polygamy covers all grounds and the woman is in a safe environment. Also, you have a support network in place and a massive extended family!!

What is the definition of Marriage in your religion?

Marriage is extremely important and half of our faith. So you can imagine it holds a significant value. Definition is the mutual agreement of man and woman to agree to live together, to look after each other, to protect each other's honour and respect and so on. Different rights and duties are given for both man and woman.

Why is marriage such a sacred procedure in your religion?

Sacred because it protects mankind from sin. It should increase our faith and we can grow as a community.

What is your religion's teachings on same-sex marriages?

It is prohibited! Not allowed!

What is your viewpoint on the topic of same-sex marriage, as a person?

These individuals are cursed from Allah (God) as it is not allowed and i don't see same-sex marriage as a natural way of life.

Why do you hold onto this belief?

A man and a man (without scientific intervention) cannot reproduce and the same goes for a woman and a woman so if nature is prohibiting reproduction, how can same-sex marriages continue with the next generation? It's not possible. We are designed in a certain way for a reason and we shouldn't be playing around with Allah SWT (God's) creation.

Is divorce allowed in your religion? If so why/why not?

Yes, divorce is allowed in our religion if the couple fail to meet common ground. Why is it allowed? Because Allah swt understands couples unfortunately, do go their separate ways and would not want us to suffer if we are met with injustices such as domestic abuse, constant disagreements, isolation in marriage and so on.

What is your opinion on the topic of divorce?

Divorce should be the last resort, especially if there's kids involved. Marriage is a blessed relationship and we should all aim to strive hard to fulfill our duties and obligations once we are married. However, i do understand this is not always possible so this is why divorce is permissible.

Hope that helps!

nicklo
05-29-2015, 04:45 AM
Thanks :) This helps a lot. Now I have to get cracking to writing up this assignment. I appreciate the time and effort you took into responding to this thread. Thank you heaps again.:statisfie

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
05-31-2015, 04:19 PM
Your're welcome. Good luck!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!